Close

Default Wideband power source

I'm adding an Innovate MTX-L and a Vacuum gauge in place of the factory "information panel/clock" panel, and am looking for recommendations on where to source power from. The connectors from the (now) removed information/clock panel have several 12V switched sources, but will they be too "busy" to get a steady 12V supply? I have upgraded to the 3g alternator with internal voltage regulator which I hear provides a more stable signal.

Is there a better place?

Radio power????
    1985 GT- “Stock-ish” 5.0 motor, AOD/ trans brake. 12.68 @ 10131mph.

I've read that the radio power is not good for wideband sensors due to the varying current draw affecting the reference signal. I was looking more for a power supply that would keep a steady 12V with little variance.

On mine, I used the cigarette lighter as power and wired an adapter to the power wires of my MTX-L. However, I would recommend against it if you plan on running it full time while driving. I run mine only long enough to tune the carb and unplug it when I'm done. I install it when I tune and uninstall when I'm done.
    1985 Mustang GT conv. modified 4180C, Weiand Street Warrior intake, equal length headers, true dual exhaust, 3.55:1 8.8'' rear end, 2003 V6 T5, Ford Racing 10.5" clutch.

1998 Mustang GT auto. PI swapped. Daily beater