Close

Default 1986 GT PS return line hose clamps

Does anyone know a source for the correct type of PS return line hose clamps. These were originally made by Wittek who are no longer in business. I replaced my return lines that were leaking and took out the cooler and detailed it. When I reinstalled the cooler with new lines one of the clamps broke. Looks like it had been over tightened in the past as it was a bit out of round. Tridon FI line clamps (F.I. 8 905 008 115 for 3/8 hose) look like they will work but they are narrower than the original Wittek clamps by quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Stripper View Post
    Does anyone know a source for the correct type of PS return line hose clamps. These were originally made by Wittek who are no longer in business. I replaced my return lines that were leaking and took out the cooler and detailed it. When I reinstalled the cooler with new lines one of the clamps broke. Looks like it had been over tightened in the past as it was a bit out of round. Tridon FI line clamps (F.I. 8 905 008 115 for 3/8 hose) look like they will work but they are narrower than the original Wittek clamps by quite a bit.
    You try searching "Wittek clamp" on eBay ? That's where I look for old clamps

Thanks for your reply. It is appreciated.

I did a little research and looked in my inventory. Looks like the PS return hose clamps for the Mustang are almost the same with minor differences to the return line clamps I have for my 1967 Camaro. Both are original assembly line Wittek and used for the same thing. Hopefully I can buy some at the local restoration parts supplier. Classic Industries has them. If not I'll use the fuel injection clamps. They are not exact but are new and fit nicely. The hose I bought is metric labeled so I have a feeling that it might be a bit under the original size. The fuel injection clamps are also metric labeled. One thing I have found over the years is that hose is not hose. It varies in ID and OD size slightly depending on manufacturer. This can be enough to cause problems with sealing. I have found the best source of hose locally is a Napa. They have Gates here.