Hi fellow feppers,

AS was: headlights installed were from an Opel Commodore (yes they are the same size and I am in europe) and were discoloured, also the owner before me wired in the hi-beam lights as daytime running lights (lower power) and there was wires of all colours going everywhere and some that went no where?? Headlight switch connector was burnt.

As NOW: I have replaced the Opel lights with original new Halogen sealed beam lights, removed all the wiring and restored the wiring to as per the book! Installed new headlight switch and connector, the headlight system is back to as when the car was built.

as this job has taken a while to complete (see previous threads with questions as I have progressed) the battery was connected and disconnected a few times while testing out the wiring. I finished the job today and noticed that when I go from normal headlight (outside lights) to hi-beam the normal light dims a little and the red warning light on the center console panel comes on (headlamp). Now we get to the question: Is this because the battery is low (it read 7A on my indicator as I tried to start the engine) to see if this would cure the dim light and warning light coming on, with the engine running does this make a difference (the battery is on charge in my cellar as I type)
or have I missed something?

Also while typing this my brain was coming up with hmmm... I dont have front side lights now only the yellow marker lights did they install Opel lights (as imported) so it had a white side light (in the main headlight) as this is Europe????

sorry for the rambling, but if anyone has any answers that would be good and maybe I have to check European lighting laws!
Thanks
Steve