Close

Default Got my tan carpet !

Wish I didn't have tan interior , Its hard to get anything to match lol.

so I take it that it didn't match all that well?

Where did you get it from, NPD?

Show us pics to compare the old and new. Please. Im in the same boat as you with a tan interior. Still looking for a perfect back seat and.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    Show us pics to compare the old and new. Please. Im in the same boat as you with a tan interior. Still looking for a perfect back seat and.
    ^^^^^ this please! While I believe the OP's interior is technically beige, I would like to see the differences in the colors from floors to seats, to see how they might translate in regards to my Desert Tan interior.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Yes 84 stang it is sand beige carpet, I cant load any pictures up , my phone wont load them ! I will keep trying. The color is different from my original carpet or its just so clean looking. I didn't realize how faded my carpet is ! My wife thinks it looks good, the new carpet that is . I didn't put it in yet been busy at work hard to get a day off .

Here is a pic of my old carpet (went to black). Shows in the areas that were covered the differance in color. Mine had a lot of sun fade.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Yes mine looks just like that sun faded in the same area. The new carpet is darker for sure ! But the bottom of my doors the carpet and map pocket are dark. There are a lot of different shades of beige in this car lol ! But I got the car from a guy that has had since 1986. The door sticker says FY For interior, But the seats were brown with a checkered pattern in the center and sand beige on the sides. The seat upholstery should be here soon its been close to a month now. It is sand beige cloth in the center and vinyl on the sides . I hope it all looks good together !!

Well I put the carpet in and it looks great im happy with it ! its not completely installed , I was thinking about dyna matt , Because the carpet isint as thick as original, That stuff is pricey !

FEP Senior Member

Where did you get it from (although I am pretty sure everybody sells the same carpet from the same source). Did you get an original style material or other? Did you get the standard or upgraded backing material?

I got it lmr its the original style, its acc carpet they didn't have upgraded backing in the sand beige that's why I was thinking on the dynamat !

FEP Senior Member

SMS sell fitted main carpets with OEM carpet for @ $225