Hi all

Sorry for posting about an aero here, but honestly the 4eye community here is very knowledgeable and the cars are basically the same...

I got the chance to buy this car, 1989 GT convertible, mostly original, has 160k miles, no mods. The car has a clean title and I checked the car fax and had no reports or any accidents (at least until 2011 when it was imported to Mexico). However the car has been in an accident at some point.

Most noticeable from the outside is a large gap where the left fender meets the door in the upper section (which I know in convertibles its a typical area that gets large gaps because of body flex)

Iīll describe what I see in each pic, and what is puzzling me is that I am finding many original parts (or at least they seem original), yet I see evidence of a frontal crash...

First is the right part of the radiator support. I see evidence of a repair where it meets with the fender section, the 3 piece headlamps are new and there is evidence of a fiber glass repair in a section of the headlamp header panel

Right section of the radiator support, looks OK. The car has what seems to be the original stickers, and thereīs a metal plaque with the last digits of the vin riveted to the core support. the numbers match with the carīs vin

The lower section of the radiator support seems pretty straight to me...

So... so far things donīt look bad. Yes its been hit on the right side, damage is there (Iīll show pics of the inner fender apron later as well) but seems OK...

Now to the puzzling part...