Close

Default Brown/Tan 86Lx 5.0 T-top

He's a member here and had it listed in our for sale section previously. I keep trying to figure out a way to make it mine....lol

Default 86 T-top

Quote Originally Posted by tORMENtOR View Post

Dark Brown has to be a rare color indeed. I don't even remember seeing that color back in the day. This one ran on eBay several months ago, not sure what it bid up too. Nice car.

I was talking with him. I was planning on going up there to see it. I really had plans to grab it until those two Saleens came along. I think it would be an awesome car to grab and eventually paint. Super rare color with the 5.0 and T-tops. Its definitely a cool car.

I would love to own this but if I bring one more car home I am going to be single and homeless. My son always says you can sleep in a car but you can't drive a house.....That is true but I hate to admit it I would miss the old ball and chain.
    Last edited by HCBERICH; 03-15-2017 at 05:27 PM.

I cant believe how clean that interior is. It is an amazing Mustang.

Really nice color combo...and that interior is one of the cleanest sand beige I have seen.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Yes...this is my LX. Nice car and no rust. I am looking at one of my old previous owned cars the current owner has for sale...and this one has to go.
    1984 Mustang LX T-Top Coupe

105K miles? Man, what a well kept Mustang!!! Just awesome even with the auto!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Reserve met at $5500...hopefully it goes up a bit.

Ohh wow. That is a low reserve. At the same time I say that though, some colors are more rare for a reason......nobody likes them. I wouldn't buy it but I 100% appreciate it for what it is and how nice and unusual it is. It is a sweet ride based on the pictures.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

I have never had a car on Ebay with over 3000 hits and 150 watchers....and a lot of calls and e-mails. Will be an interesting end today.

eBay should cut FEP in on the house. THIS thread has 338 unique views and I suspect 99% of those people looked at it!
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Good luck man. It appears to be a nice car. I'd love to have it , if you'd love to have a 82 Capri, or a 84 vert, otherwise I'm all out space, lol...

The problem with this car for most people, What do you do with it? It's to high mileage and worn to be a collector, to good to start modding it to make it a good driver, and a stock auto normally needs some. It's not "special" to be worth doing a full restore , and doesn't really need it. It's a driver car but going 30 years and having that few of miles on it, who wants to start putting 10k a year on it?
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

$6100.00 not a bad price for a great looking car!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedfoxdriver View Post
    Good luck man. It appears to be a nice car. I'd love to have it , if you'd love to have a 82 Capri, or a 84 vert, otherwise I'm all out space, lol...

The problem with this car for most people, What do you do with it? It's to high mileage and worn to be a collector, to good to start modding it to make it a good driver, and a stock auto normally needs some. It's not "special" to be worth doing a full restore , and doesn't really need it. It's a driver car but going 30 years and having that few of miles on it, who wants to start putting 10k a year on it?

I wanna kick myself for not buying this. As you said no restoration but maybe a nice repaint and you have a beautiful odd car to hop in and cruise around.

I'm pretty sure his lost money at that price. He bought it pretty close to that not that long ago, had it shipped to him from Washington and then he did alot of maintenance bringing it up to date....then tack on eBay fees. Such a nice clean unique ride.

Delivered today...heading to CT. And yeah, I lost a bit on this one.