Close

Default 1985 GT T-Top question

seeking advice, new owner of 1985 GT T-Top.

cardinal rule broken, I bought another man's project.

paint and bodywork is pretty solid, but not perfect. interior is/was in pieces and I'm trying to put back together.

in piecing the interior back together, I've noticed the rod that secures the t-top in place barely makes contact with the front portion of the roof. I'll gladly take pictures if it would help illustrate the issue.

would anyone with a stock t-top car be willing to provide a picture of where the t-top secures to the roof?

I've wondered if the following could be used/recreated for t-top operation

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-53480K/83-9...Receptacle-Kit

I have a bone stock '85 GT T-top. Im out of town for a few days, but I can get you some photos on Thursday of how the glass secures to the roof.

Gracias, much appreciated.

I believe these are what your looking for if your looking for the pieces that the T-Tops latch into?

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-50000K/1981...p-Trim-Cap-Kit
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Does this show you where the pins from the T-Tops latch in?

Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

That's perfect on the pic and the part link, many thanks.

Here are some close up photos of the trim caps installed. I hope this helps.
    Name:  IMG_8152.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  79.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_8153.jpg
Size:  67.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_8154.jpg
Size:  64.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_8155.jpg
Size:  62.0 KB
    In the last photo, the interior quarter panel should be behind the trim cap. I just haven't got around to fixing it yet, the previous owner didn't do the poor girl any favors!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    I believe these are what your looking for if your looking for the pieces that the T-Tops latch into?

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-50000K/1981...p-Trim-Cap-Kit
    Just to be clear, the decorative caps in the link above are just that. Decorative caps. You can remove those and the Tops would still be secure. It would just look ugly. The pins should go through a decent gauge metal plate with a matching round hole in it. If yours only go through the plastic, they will fly out.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775