Close

Default New wheels on my 84 vert

I've had these wheels around for awhile but they needed new tires. So I decided to tire them up and see how they looked on the vert. I'm still up in the air, but I probably like them better than the 10 holes. They're a Centerline Star with different offset front and rear. I believe the fronts are 7.5 and the rears 9. I went with 225 55 16 up front and 245 50 16 in the rear. They have more offset than factory, I think filling the wheel well a little better.

10 holes

Centerlines

83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

I prefer a more OEM look which I think says more about me, then how your car looks. it looks fine and that is a unique wheel. That car changes shoes more than my wife does. 10-holes, TRXs, wagon wheels, now these. Not that there is anything wrong with it. If you have the funds to do it, I totally dig changing things up so you don't get bored.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Now don't make it sound worse than it is, it is bad enough. It had the 10 holes that needed new tires, so I bought the TRX's. Decided they would look better on my 83, which they do. So put the 10 holes back on and got new tires for them. Saw these sitting in the corner and decided to try them out. Yes the TRX's looked the best, but I'm not the guy to run the exact wheel on both my Mustangs, since it's not the correct wheel for either. The Wagon wheels haven't came into play, as I can't run the 14's on this. But I do have the Pony's that came off my 83, hmmmmm......
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

They look great!

It's a different look...

As Homer said, if you have the money to buy another set of wheels when you have OEM wheels around, change is good. I liked the 10-holes, but I really loved the TRX wheels best. If you are going to use a 5-spoke wheel, the Pony wheels might be a nice look.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible