Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hoping to get a good jump on the interior this upcoming weekend.

Has anyone installed a manual choke cable in their Fox? If so, where did you route the cable through the firewall?

Manual choke installed, moved oil pressure gauge to radio panel.

Fixed some wiring issues and installed an AC idler pulley and removed the pump, lines & condenser.

Started to clean up the floor in preparation for laying the carpet... guess what, more cracks.

I tried to weld them up, but the welder just blows straight through the rusty metal. Might have to cut it out and use some steel as a replacement... but I am not a welder or a fabricator at all.

Any tips for welding rusty Fox floor pans?

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Still have these wheels?? Springfield's not that far

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTMichael View Post
    Long overdue pictures of a not very photogenic car. The 14" wagon wheels are killing me. Dad has sanctioned using a set of silver Pony wheels... but I might have to put tires on the Enkei mesh wheels instead.

Ford Motorsport ignition and rev limiter works great. I bought the 5100-5900 RPM chip set, figuring a stock head '83 flat tappet will be out of steam by 5900. I noticed in a set of instructions that another user on here posted that the red wire on the FMS harness required 12v keyed. This was for the C301 box and I have the A301 box. On my harness, I already have 12v on the white wire from the vehicle harness side that turns into the red wire on the FMS harness so I guess I don't need to do anything about that?

Also, if anyone is familiar with the fuel line/parking brake line fasteners... what would you call it? It is the coarse pointed threaded fastener with flanged hex head. Is this considered a bolt or a screw? I need to secure the fuel lines back up to the body.

Yes, have a couple of sets actually but I think Springfield MISSOURI is kind of far....PM me though!
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    Yes, have a couple of sets actually but I think Springfield MISSOURI is kind of far....PM me though!
    PM sent.
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 12-11-2020 at 07:04 PM.

I've been busy doing a lot of carburetor tuning and fixing wiring harnesses.

I prefer the Pony wheels. Probably could stand to have some lowering springs in the rear. That's pretty low on the list, however...

Working on interior, carpet is installed. Needs to be cut for all console holes & whatnot. Don't remember how the headliner goes in at all... that'll be fun.

Keep at it! Truck looks good too
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 12-11-2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: text added

This car? Again? Will it ever be finished? Probably not.

Still in basically the same shape, but I've made it more angry with a 4778 double pumper carburetor and a bunch of distributor curving.

Re-done headliner is sitting in the garage ready to go back in.

Get after it boy.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456