Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    New User

Thanks, vxr500. Maybe I can offer a combined poster later on.

Here is the finished graphics for the 1979 to 1986 cars. (Remember the text is all Capri stuff at the moment. Have to get all the cars right first.)

I replaced the 1985 GT with the 1984 1/2 SVO (labelled as 1985 here, I'll fix that up). The 1985 Twister II (a GT) now represents the 1985 GT.

I like it, and I'm not even a mustang guy.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

New User

Thanks buddy. Here is a custom poster I did for Fox-body Capri fans.

Can anyone suggest which Fox Mustang model I could do something similar for? Thanks!

CHP SSPs had two antennas, in addition to the Ford passenger fender-mounted radio antenna; one long "whip" antenna, for the radio, on the side of the driver-side quarter panel and one shorter antenna, for the repeater, on the roof.

http://specialservicemustang.net/CHP.htm
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

How much you selling the posters for
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power"
    Capri:
    Is a Mustang With Hips And Class

Let's keep price/buying/selling out of this thread. This is an information/suggestion/help thread. If or when the time comes to sell it should be in the proper forum, which isn't this one. Thanks.

Sorry foxchassis
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power"
    Capri:
    Is a Mustang With Hips And Class

That Capri poster looks great. I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    CHP SSPs had two antennas, in addition to the Ford passenger fender-mounted radio antenna; one long "whip" antenna, for the radio, on the side of the driver-side quarter panel and one shorter antenna, for the repeater, on the roof.

http://specialservicemustang.net/CHP.htm
    One slight correction on the antennas. There was no antenna on the fender. Just an antenna delete plug.

If ya wanted to do a bigger poster, you could always do the evolution of the fox body. From the 78 Fairmont to the sn- 95 year cars.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Great work, CarPosters

He's Australian...how about the 19th of the 18 X shell wheelbases of Ford’s “Falcon Platform” – From Falcon To Versailles In 18 Different Wheelbase Length/Track Width Variations.

He could add the ultimate expression of the Falcon platform, the 121 inch wheelbase Aussie 1973 LTD.

Perhaps not. Its just not the same.

This is the best post I've seen in a long while. Well done Andrew!

New User

Thanks for the clarification regarding the CHP antennas!

Haystack, is there much enthusiast interest in the North American-market Fairmont like there is for the Mustang? I wouldn't have thought so, never considered it, though did do a Ford Crown Victoria poster due to its police appeal. I've been wanting to do a third gen Chevrolet Caprice poster for a long time as I used to walk past one on the way home from school in my teens, it looked so cool. But I thought that there wouldn't be much interest for big old sedans in the US like there is for coupes, so never pursued it.

xctasy, I see you're from NZ. I'm actually doing a custom poster for someone with a P6 LTD in NZ. It was the P6 from 1976 with the 123-inch wheelbase. I've already done a Falcon evolution poster from the 1960 XK through to the final FG X in 2016. I don't know what you mean by "Falcon To Versailles"?

For those who may not know, Ford ended production in Australia just in October last year, was a very sad day for those of us with blue blood in our veins. We have no proper replacement for our beloved big reliable Falcon, we have to make do with the Mondeo, but the Ranger 4x4 is very popular now as a family vehicle.
    Last edited by CarPosters; 03-17-2017 at 11:58 PM.

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/autom...th-variations/

Someone at Ford zoomed up your posters as a backdrop when the All Blacks and Black Sticks Drive Thru Friday drove the 2017 S550'S at Ford Aucklands Viduct Basin.

Sadly, I don't have a screen dump I did of one frame of Ford NZs Promo Video of Sir Richie McCaw's wife to be in front of the 1981 Cobra.
    Lookes great at 1/4 scale!

Quote Originally Posted by jlehma13 View Post
    One slight correction on the antennas. There was no antenna on the fender. Just an antenna delete plug.
    Thanks!
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

As mentioned before, I think a STANDARD production poster (LX & GT) and a SPECIALTY (COBRA, GT350, etc) could work. Seeing as there are so many ways the Mustang came, too many pics/options would flood the actual poster.

With the GT350, show hatch and vert, as well as mentioning the break down numbers, as follows (information from Scott Moen/President - 20th Anniversary Mustang Owners Association) :

Here are the correct production numbers ....

Hatchback

5.0 / 5spd = 2604
    5.0 / auto = 934
    2.3 Turbo / 5spd = 362

Convertible

5.0 / 5spd = 587
    5.0 / auto = 670
    2.3 Turbo / 5spd = 104

Total production = 5261

And do the same with COBRA showing different color schemes available.

Personally, I would be interested in a GT350 specific poster, with nothing else on it.

Call me BIASED for the 20th Anniversary.....I'll agree...
    Last edited by conmech; 03-19-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

New User

Thanks for your ideas, conmech.

The posters have already been through a few iterations so I think I'll leave it as they are for now.

xctasy, wow... glad to know someone at Ford thought my artwork was good enough for official use by the company.

Never saw the Lincoln Versailles before. I've done a Fox-body Lincoln Mark VII poster in the past, but it was a failure. Only a small handful sold in about 3 years:

New User

Delete this please.
    Last edited by CarPosters; 06-24-2019 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Double post.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    As mentioned before, I think a ......... SPECIALTY (COBRA, GT350, etc) could work. Seeing as there are so many ways the Mustang came, too many pics/options would flood the actual poster.

With the GT350, show hatch and vert, as well as mentioning the break down numbers, as follows (information from Scott Moen/President - 20th Anniversary Mustang Owners Association) :

Here are the correct production numbers ....

Hatchback

5.0 / 5spd = 2604
    5.0 / auto = 934
    2.3 Turbo / 5spd = 362

Convertible

5.0 / 5spd = 587
    5.0 / auto = 670
    2.3 Turbo / 5spd = 104

Total production = 5261

Personally, I would be interested in a GT350 specific poster, with nothing else on it.

Call me BIASED for the 20th Anniversary.....I'll agree...
    CarPosters, let me rephrase that.......

How much would a GT350 specific poster cost, with format and all information already listed? Set up like the McLaren, two verts on one side and two hatchbacks on other side, all facing inboard (1 vert with 5.0L and 1 with 2.3L and 1 hatchback 5.0L and 1 with 2.3L). 2.3L pictured due to different hoods

2.3L hatchback pictured:

Last edited by conmech; 03-19-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

New User

I'm glad the Fox didn't look like this early design proposal!

Quote Originally Posted by CarPosters View Post
    I'm glad the Fox didn't look like this early design proposal!

Ummm ... you do realize that this is what the first Fox platform vehicle actually looked like? LOL

Sorry, but couldn't help that. I do like your poster work.

Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

New User

I was referring to the Fox Mustang of course. I did mention in a prior post about the Fox-based sedans perhaps not having the same kind of appeal as the coupes did.

Quote Originally Posted by CarPosters View Post
    Thanks for your ideas, conmech.

The posters have already been through a few iterations so I think I'll leave it as they are for now.

xctasy, wow... glad to know someone at Ford thought my artwork was good enough for official use by the company.

Never saw the Lincoln Versailles before. I've done a Fox-body Lincoln Mark VII poster in the past, but it was a failure. Only a small handful sold in about 3 years:

I would like to purchase one of these posters. Is that possible?

New User

(Thanks, swearint!)

Thanks for your interest, Amy.

Do you mean the Fox body one? The four-eyed one (1979 to 1986) is here:

https://www.uniquecarposters.com/for...olution-poster

The Lincoln Mark VII one is here:

https://www.uniquecarposters.com/lin...olution-poster
    Last edited by CarPosters; 06-24-2019 at 07:24 PM.

CHPs had a trailer hitch.... Yup. Seriously.
    Former owner (new) of a 1985 Coupe, 1986 Coupe #23 and as of 2016, owner of a Flip Roof 1985 Coupe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast