Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Any chance of an ASC Coupe poster? Love to have one.Name:  67609349_10162110468115113_2290138968102010880_n.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  138.3 KB
    Former owner (new) of a 1985 Coupe, 1986 Coupe #23 and as of 2016, owner of a Flip Roof 1985 Coupe.

[QUOTE=CarPosters;1837185]Thanks buddy. Here is a custom poster I did for Fox-body Capri fans.

Can anyone suggest which Fox Mustang model I could do something similar for? Thanks!

How about the SVO? Always under-appreciated and I love mine! Name:  PXL_20201017_193705119.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  364.1 KB

While not a Fox, love to see my '66 in a poster too...

Name:  IMG_20171021_223353_731.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  311.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ChuckG; 10-22-2020 at 07:31 PM.
    Former owner (new) of a 1985 Coupe, 1986 Coupe #23 and as of 2016, owner of a Flip Roof 1985 Coupe.

New User

Hi ChuckG, thanks for the replies! Hope you're all doing okay with everything going on. We're about to come out of virus lockdown here in Melbourne, Australia in a few days. Can't wait after months of harsh restrictions!

My replies to your posts:

- Thanks for pointing out the trailer hitch. But I can't find any in Google Images which have one showing. Are you able to see any? For illustration reference.

- I have made a ASC/McLaren Capri print already, see here: https://www.uniquecarposters.com/asc...y-capri-poster

- I like the idea of an SVO Mustang print. I see there are four distinct model years for it (84,85,85.5 and 86) so this would fit into a four-car poster very nicely.

- Regarding your 1966 GT 350, you can always purchase my 1964 to 1966 Mustang production history print and then I can change the GT 350 to show your car instead of it being the stock blue one, see here: https://www.uniquecarposters.com/for...y-poster-print

It is very interesting in that despite the early Fox Mustang (and to a similar the Capri) being so popular with enthusiasts, I have sold only a handful of each in a few years. I have sold many more Lincoln Continental Mark VII production history prints.

Edit: And earlier this year I saw my first ever Fox Mustang here in Australia! It was a later Fox model (not four-eyed) in a car park. I took a photo but I don't know where it is.

Hi,

Our lockdowns are never-ending, even though our Michigan Supreme Court weeks ago told the governor her executive orders after April 30 are all unconstitutional. Now, the City of Columbus has cancelled the big All Ford Swap Fall Meet in Columbus, Ohio. That's after a summer of all events, save the Ford Nationals at Carlisle, Pennsylvania which was maybe 20% of what it has been in past years.

I've never heard of the CHP hitch either--but a friend in CA and I were talking the other day and he was telling me how he came up with a CHP SSP Foxbody hitch. He went on to say the CHP required them so they could tow a warning sign or something like that. First I'd heard. Worth investigating. The SSP guys know that stuff like the back of their hands. Our own Michigan State Police ran SSPs, but they didn't get one. There's a nice restored one that comes to our local Mustang show every August.

I've seen that McLaren poster before. I recall because it wasn't the classic blue/orange color combo, but the most popular color combo for '86--black/silver.

I also noticed Sandy's famous and oft-repeated fantasy of the B303 cam being installed. It wasn't. Not only was the B303 not available until 1988, Ford refused to re-certify the engine with EPA. I was an original owner of each an '85 and '86. I asked the guys at ASC/McLaren--five miles from my house. They specifically said there were no engine mods for '85-86 (the production years--'84 was just prototypes and not sold as new cars) and they felt the engine had plenty of power from Ford, but the suspension needed work.

Also, the CFI was for Auto cars. They only had 180HP. Essentially, it was a flat-tappet engine with a two-barrel CFI injection unit. The 5-speed cars got a Holley 4bbl, roller cam, and 210hp. I can certainly help you make that text accurate. Sandy was a great guy, but prone to printing rumors as fact when he liked the story.

Surprised the Fox isn't more popular there. Ford Australia built performance cars when Ford US was just putting stickers on cars.

Here's the original ASC poster that's super rare. I was gifted one at one of my many ASC visits back in the 80s. I've included the original brochure too.

Name:  asc_Poster_Coupe_Skewed.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  24.8 KBName:  85ascMcLarenCoupeBrochureInside.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  181.4 KBName:  85ascMcLarenCoupeBrochureOutside.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  166.0 KB

Great Poster, will look great on the wall next to my 86 GT Vert, and nice to be able to buy something from home. A Fox Mustang in Australia is an extremely rare sight.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG
    I was an original owner of each an '85 and '86. I asked the guys at ASC/McLaren--five miles from my house. They specifically said there were no engine mods for '85-86 (the production years--'84 was just prototypes and not sold as new cars)

Also, the CFI was for Auto cars. They only had 180HP. Essentially, it was a flat-tappet engine with a two-barrel CFI injection unit. The 5-speed cars got a Holley 4bbl, roller cam, and 210hp.
    There certainly were production asc/McLaren units sold for the 1984 model year. The "prototypes" were 1983 models.

Early 1985 model year 5.0L CFI models were rated at 165 HP. Those lower rated units had (from the 1984 model year) cast iron exhaust manifolds, a single muffler, and a single tailpipe with twin bright tips. The 180 HP version of the CFI engine got the exhaust system from the 1985 model 4V engine. I am unsure if any asc/McLaren were made early enough in the 1985 model year to have gotten the lower rated 5.0L CFI engine
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-23-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Dave N and I worked with Mike From Australia on the GP IV car poster and I believe some with the Capri poster. His posters are NOT NOTCH and would buy from again.
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

I'd like the SVO poster myself or even a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe one.
    86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123