Close

Threaded View

New User

Default My New Fox Mustang Evolution Poster

Hi Mustang enthusiasts,

My name is Andrew and I'm a worldwide car enthusiast from Australia, and a Ford man also.

Since 2012 I've been making illustrative car posters for enthusiasts around the world which I call model charts and evolution carts. You may have seen my work for sale on eBay and at uniquecarposters.com.

Please understand this post is not simply a "please buy my poster" advert as I genuinely like to connect with fellow car enthusiasts to make my posters the best they can be, and put a lot of passion and love into making them. Each one I make (and I've made about 250 in total now) is a big risk on my end due to the time and effort involved. Some have simply been failures after countless hours of work put into them!

In terms of the Ford Mustang, I've done evolution charts for the 64-66, 67-68 and 1969 models, but stopped there when poster sales started dropping significantly in 2015, and is still disappointingly low. One day I hope to do a 1970 model year chart and all the post-1970 models, but we'll see. My posters usually have introductory text blurbs at the top which discuss the introduction and development of the models, and each car has technical info about that model/year/changes.

So anyway, I've just yesterday finished my new 1979-1993 Fox Mustang evolution chart after three weeks of work in my spare time. You can see it here:

I originally made a Fox-body Mercury Capri evolution poster and someone saw it and suggested I should do the Mustang version as there would be a much bigger market for it. You can see the Capri version here:

You'll notice that the Mustang poster doesn't have a blurb of text at the top and that's because of the big number of models (24 Mustangs vs. 16 Capris) I felt I had to include. I am looking for some feedback on making the Mustang poster the best it can be. I've tried my best to study the history of the factory models and picked the ones which best represent changes over the years of its production, as well as a good spread of factory paint colours which were individually sampled.

Hope to get some constructive criticism back about it, many thanks in advance!

Andrew.
    Last edited by CarPosters; 03-12-2017 at 12:50 AM.