Close

Thread: Ebay, GT

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Default Ebay, GT

Impressive, if winner took delivery...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/12294776952...p2471758.m4704
    Let's keep the negative Dennis Collins comments to a minimum please

anyone who has recently priced out what it costs to knock the dirtbags out of a tired old pony and make it minty fresh again, 20K is a bargain considering 99% of the cars out there will never be as nice as they were when they were new ever again.

Then factor in what it would cost if you pay someone. The values on the foxbody Mustangs are bound to skyrocket and fewer and fewer cars exist and more and more require major work.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    anyone who has recently priced out what it costs to knock the dirtbags out of a tired old pony and make it minty fresh again, 20K is a bargain considering 99% of the cars out there will never be as nice as they were when they were new ever again.

Then factor in what it would cost if you pay someone. The values on the foxbody Mustangs are bound to skyrocket and fewer and fewer cars exist and more and more require major work.
    Do you think its a restoration or unrestored? People give D.C. a bad rap, but he is known for having mostly unrestored cars. Should be interesting to see what sells next...

Well, that car has aftermarket exhaust and its not a good looking set of tailpipes for that matter. Also....several of his cars that sold this year had visible modifications, while listed as ALL ORIGINAL cars.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I thought 83 was PW on all windows? Early 83??
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

Convertible with PW still had manual rear window until mid 1984 and then the rear got power.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Was the electronic stereo unit available in a 1983 Mustang...I thought 1985 was the first year...
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

1985 was first year for electronic search radio
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Way too much. It is a nice car for sure though. He lost money even at that price if you count the the Barrett Jackson fees. Hood insulation is from a '87-93, exhaust as mentioned above. If you do a search, months ago the original owner (who had it listed for $5,000 then that person sold it in October of last year for $12,000 on ebay to Dennis I guess) actually says he changed the exhaust when he listed it. So I guess Dennis bought it in October of last year if you can count that as part of the "Dennis Collins" collection. He probably had it shipped directly to Scottsdale AZ from Illinois. Apparently that got lost somewhere along the way, LOL. the zip tubes that connect the air cleaner assembly to the fenders are wrong, radio is wrong so the dash hull is permanently hacked and maybe the wiring. They put in an extra trim piece to cover up the cut that an OEM install does not have. There is something weird in front of the wiper motor, not sure exactly what that is, I'll give him a pass on the fender mounted security for the hood latch. That is period correct at least.
    Last edited by homer302; 02-27-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Good call on the radio and dash opening being cut! While another obvious point toward "restoration" and not "original" as claimed, that can also be fixed. You can put a factory twin-post back in that hole with some creativity and 9 out 10 people wouldn't notice...I've done it before (and posted in here several times how to do it).

I just noticed in the detailed pics that it has an 86+ mid-pipe with a double hump cross-member.

The air tubes however are correct for 1983.

The part in front of the wiper motor (believe that is what is throwing you off) is the 80's style alarm for the key in the fender I believe.
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 02-28-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Everyone does recognize this as one of the BJ cars, right?? Car sold this summer from somewhere near KC where it was on CL in the $12-14K range IIRC.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    Everyone does recognize this as one of the BJ cars, right?? Car sold this summer from somewhere near KC where it was on CL in the $12-14K range IIRC.
    you are correct. I posted all of that in my reply. Original owner had it listed for $5,000. Which, for the record is closer to what it is actually worth then this price. There are fools but they don't change the true value of something.
    Last edited by homer302; 02-28-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    you are correct. I posted all of that in my reply. Original owner had it listed for $5,000. Which, for the record is closer to what it is actually worth then this price. There are fools but they don't change the true value of something.
    I am confused are you saying this car is only worth $5,000 or $12,000. to $14,000.

My opinion is it is a $10-15k car if you factor the cost of the "presumed restoration". I think calling it a $5k car is a stretch. It is NOT a $20k, ALL ORIGINAL car.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

So I found the original CL ad and thought I would post it up here for information purposes. It was out of the Chicago area (Orland Park) so I was wrong went I said it was in the KC area ( I was thinking Overland Park) This ad was posted 09-02-17 and it was from the owner- not a dealer based on my text conversations with him. Ultimately I chose not to buy this car because of the slight modifications but primarily because the car was aftermarket undercoated. "It has been undercoated with RUSTY JONES and no, I don't have the original exhaust." the black 8k mi car was available at the same time and was more original for about the same money. The owner did add "its not undercoating it's rust proofed but underneath wasn't sprayed" , "injected into the doors but nothing else". Unfortunately I don't have any pictures.

Selling my like new, one owner 1983 Ford Mustang GT Convertible 5.0. All original (except exhaust headers) non-restored 14K mile car. It's an extremely clean car that runs and drives great with no mechanical or electrical issues. Original paint is in excellent condition with no rust and comes with original tires (no dry rot). Exterior/Interior has been professionally detailed and is in pristine condition with no marks or stains and does not show any wear. It has no dings, dents, or scratches and has never been in any accidents. The engine runs great and does not burn or leak any oil. The transmission and clutch are in excellent condition with no slipping or grinding. The convertible top is in perfect working condition. Overall, the car is a blast to drive and has not given me any issues and I'm constantly told it's one of the cleanest '83 Mustang GT Convertibles around.

The only reason that I am selling it is that I have too many toys and something has to go. Runs strong and would make for a fun weekend car. Rare collector car with only about 1000 5.0-L GT Convertibles manufactured for the year. The car has been in storage most of its life, always kept in a heated garage and covered over the past 33 years. It has never been driven in snow or rain. Clean title in hand.

- Engine: 5.0-L 302 CID HO V8
    - Transmission: 5-speed manual Borg-Warner T-5
    - Exterior Color: Grey
    - Interior Color: Black

Vehicle Specifications (All factory stock):
    Rare GT Convertible with glass rear window, Power steering, Power brakes, Full instrumentation, Electronic digital clock, Diagnostic warning module, Power windows, Power locks, Cruise control, Air conditioner, Premium sound system, AM/FM stereo with Cassette, Rusty Jones rust proofed, And many more options...

- Clean Title & Carfax
    - No Mechanical/Electrical Issues
    - Non-Smoker/ Pet Free
    - Garage Kept

Asking Price: $12,900 OBO
    SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE
    For more information Call/Text: **********
    PRIVATE SALE = SAVE BIG ON SALES TAX
    • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
    post id: 6290298517
    posted: 2017-09-02 10:31am
    updated: 2017-09-09 8:17am
    Last edited by 83GTJIM; 03-02-2018 at 08:14 PM.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18