Close

Default "Thor" aluminum cylinder heads???

I bought a 351 Cleveland off a guy yesterday, along with a few other parts for 302/351 Windsor. He had a set of Thor heads that came off a 351W. Have any of you guys heard of them? They looked like nice heads, and I'm considering buying them. I did a Google search and found a little info about the FE version, but no mention of Thor even producing Windsor series heads.

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Down
    where
    the
    gobblins
    go
    down
    below
    below

Nothing they called Thor, but there are big a$$ 355-426 "335" and Dart/Manowar etc siamese block heads for 4-1/8" bore blocks.

And Small Block 3.60 and 4.30 Race Design for strokes of 3.6 and 4.3, I guess.

BBF heads and canted valve 351C heads look similar...No, but Blue Thunder (BES) used to make killer 351C heads with specfic Boss 302 manifolds. They were canted valve heads, not in line 351W.

Some no name heads are sold by atracingworld-usa; I think they are Procomps.

Did they have the BT make, and were the in line.

They are most likely ProComp 190's for a Fife Ohhh. .

Great head for the cost.

Cleveland style heads do GREAT on a Windsor if you score the intake or adapter plates required to run them. Huge flow compared to their Windsor counterparts but work is required to get coolant passages sorted.

They were definitely in-line valve heads, not canted like the clevelands. I'm guessing he didn't really know what they were. I looked up some pics of Thor heads and they had "Thor" stamped at the ends. These were blank...I didn't see any brand stamped on them. He's asking $500 for the pair, which probably isn't all that great for a set of used no-name or off-brand heads. I can buy pro-comps or Flo-tek heads for around $800 brand new.

On a brighter note, I did score a nice '71 2v cleveland motor, 351W edelbrock performer dual plane intake, and brand new 157 tooth billet flywheel. This guy had 2 cleveland oil pans for fox body swaps. One was brand new, but I passed on them. I'm not planning on putting this cleveland motor in any of my foxes. It's going in my '70 coupe some day. He also had a 4 speed toploader, but I couldn't talk him out of that one.