Close

Default Project Pun Intended

WTF is wrong with me?...

Im 98% done with my 83 Tbird and Im already jumping into the next project. My GF of almost 4 yrs has been saying she is ready to get a new car and we spent a couple weekends out looking at rides for her but I guess Im just to picky because everything she found I shot down as overpriced,total garbage or I just didn't like. Just joking with her I told her she should just let me build her a new car and to my surprise she was open to the idea!
    Well lucky for me I didn't have to look hard or far to find the perfect car. Last year a buddy brought me his beautiful car to strip and convert into a nasty sleeper. Plans changed after I stripped the car of all its drivetrain,suspension,wiring and he decided to go a different direction. This left me with a beautiful empty shell of a car sitting in my backyard while he decided what to do with it. Well we talked and struck a deal and now this will become my GF new daily ride. Its a 85 XR7 that is MINT. The interior looks like the day it was build. No rust anywhere,power everything and straight as an arrow. This is a pic from before he brought it to my place.

So this is where the project name comes from. My 47 yr old cougar driving a 32 yr old Cougar...see what I did there? lol

Here is the car as it sits today.

So its a real XR7 2.3t auto car but now all of that is gone now so I put the call out to all my buddies that I was in need a complete drivetrain and harness. Not what I planned but the best offer I got turned out to be the best I think. I bought a 90 LSC 5.0,aod,harness and ecm with 80k on them for $275. So it wont be going back to a turbo car but I think this is my best bet to keep her happy so I don't have to deal with all the teething pains of driving a 2.3t car daily.....and trust me nobody knows more about that than myself!

So stay tuned for a sweet resurrection of a cool little ride!
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build

Nice ride! A little too bad it's not going back as a 2.3 turbo....but hey you gotta keep momma happy!!! can't wait to see the progress pics!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes