Close

Default Wiring Solutions with Ron Francis

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After tons of research and countless hours of investigation, I am ready to pull the trigger on a Ron Francis wiring harness. They are one of only companies that offer wiring for 1979 and up wiring. After reading a lot on his website, https://www.ronfrancis.com/, he eliminates all fusible links and completely rewires from front to back. Please visit and read up on Tech Tips which can be found in downloadable PDF catalog, https://www.ronfrancis.com/images/2016_RFW_Catalog.pdf.

Jason

Subscribing, please keep us posted.

Will do. I am making the purchase this afternoon and will know more later. I am stationed in Germany but I will be back in the states in July to start the restomod of the 83 coupe. The car is in the states so it will be put into storage until I get back.

Any updates on the harness? My 83 harness is pretty much crap..

Quote Originally Posted by Capown View Post
    Any updates on the harness? My 83 harness is pretty much crap..
    He stated he wouldn't be back in the states until July.

I have wired up two Foxes with a RF wiring kit. I love their stuff and recommend it. Just understand it is not a complete replacement style setup. RF will set the wire harness up for your steering column type, switches, engine, and ignition. You will have to terminate your own rear tail light sockets, side markers, etc. The front headlights will be ready for our 4 Eyes, but that's it in regards to wiring. None of the instrument cluster will be Fox specific, nor the HVAC, PW,PL, etc. So if you are looking for a plug and play this system is not exactly it.

Like I stated they do have plug and play for your steering column switches (as long as you choose the correct ones when ordering), they do offer the correct pigtails for the Duraspark, etc. again if you choose properly. The rest will pretty much be up to you to find/use the correct pigtails for the car and wire everything up. The system is great with the labeling of each wire and the instructions that come with it. Just be prepared to spend several days to a week or more wiring the car up if you haven't done one of these before. I think my first kit took me a week or better not rushing it. The last one only took maybe 3 or so days IIRC. Hope that helps!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Wee sorry I over looked the Germany part... I am the suck when comes to wiring up stuff, guess I'll just delete what's not needed and hide the rest lol! I can do wire tucks just completely re wiring no patience for that.

I have ordered everything from LMR and Ron Francis to rewire the entire car. I even ordered the grounding system offered by RF in order to eliminate grounding issues as well. I will be happy to get everything installed and get this car rolling scaring some Camaros.
    1983 GLX

I have been doing a lot of research on the Ron Francis products and they look great. My mustangs aren't currently in need of a complete rewire but I will most definitely be using a Ron Francis setup when I finally decide what engine is going in my 88 f150.