Close

Default Cheap aftermarket tachometer?

Has anyone here tried any cheaper off-brand tachs? I don't technically need one for one of my foxes I'm working on, since it will be more of a weekend cruiser for the wife, but it would be nice to have for occasional use. I see there are lots of cheap ones on ebay (under $50) with shift light. I've spent a ton of money on this car lately, so saving a few bucks here and there would help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232012837624

There lots of cheap everything on ebay. You can save even more money by not wasting it on something that will likely be junk. JDM = Japanese domestic market... so putting that in an American car...

Buy good stuff the first time, and don't spend money on the same part twice.

Just my $.02 fwiw, take it or leave it.

Cale

Well, my only concern was whether or not they are good enough to have for the occasional use. If I have to buy a nice one (which I will for a couple other project cars I'm doing), then I'll probably just not buy one for this particular car. I was basically just curious if any of you have tried a cheap one.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    Has anyone here tried any cheaper off-brand tachs? I don't technically need one for one of my foxes I'm working on, since it will be more of a weekend cruiser for the wife, but it would be nice to have for occasional use. I see there are lots of cheap ones on ebay (under $50) with shift light. I've spent a ton of money on this car lately, so saving a few bucks here and there would help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232012837624
    I'm using that exact one in my '83, only because the factory tach is not hooked up (wire tuck). It seems to work ok, but is only temporary until I buy Dakota Digital gauges.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe