Close

Default My Plan for Travis T's Mustang

First of all a Giant THANKS needs to go to ALL involved in raising money and to those donating to Shannon and Travis' family. That is what is truly important here! There is no reason that cannot keep going! Big Thanks also to the guys at SEFB,FEP and to HCBERICH(Harry) for putting this together!

Travis truly touched our Mustang community. I unfortunately never met him. His love for these cars and our community was evident in his posts.

I was touched by his story even more so because one of my best friends recently battled cancer himself and thankfully is a survivor. It has been tough because he lives on the East Coast and I am here in the middle of the country.

Winning Travis' car allows me to fulfill a promise I made to my friend that we would work on a Mustang together, I am donating the car to my friend. So that we can work on the car together when I come to visit him. You New England guys are going to be excited to have a new car in your area as he lives in New Bedford, Ma. So the car is going to stay in the community!

Would take suggestions on good storage facility in the New Bedford area!

I am truly humbled by thiis!
    Steve
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

I have to say that there were a couple people who sent me messages telling me about the plans they had for the car and how it would keep in the spirit of what has happened already. I was hoping that someone like that would win it. Steve was not one of those people but after talking with him earlier and hearing this plan I could not be happier. I have said it before that I am not usually the type of person that goes way out of his way for strangers but this keeps paying off.
    I am so happy for Steve and his buddy as well as Shannon. It will be one more positive thing to come out of all this. I copied her on this and I am sure when she reads it she will be happy as well. She and I have spoken about the car leaving and it is very bittersweet for her. This will no doubt make it a bit easier.

Thanks Steve and thank all of you. This was definitely a team effort that has brought a little peace to all of us.

Big thumbs up! Your friend has a great friend!

Very generous! Congrats! Have you told him yet? I wanna see a video of you giving him the car!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    First of all a Giant THANKS needs to go to ALL involved in raising money and to those donating to Shannon and Travis' family. That is what is truly important here! There is no reason that cannot keep going! Big Thanks also to the guys at SEFB,FEP and to HCBERICH(Harry) for putting this together!

Travis truly touched our Mustang community. I unfortunately never met him. His love for these cars and our community was evident in his posts.

I was touched by his story even more so because one of my best friends recently battled cancer himself and thankfully is a survivor. It has been tough because he lives on the East Coast and I am here in the middle of the country.

Winning Travis' car allows me to fulfill a promise I made to my friend that we would work on a Mustang together, I am donating the car to my friend. So that we can work on the car together when I come to visit him. You New England guys are going to be excited to have a new car in your area as he lives in New Bedford, Ma. So the car is going to stay in the community!

Steve
    This post is why this is the best car crowd on earth period. Kudos Steve!!

I meant to write this in the other post, but for whomever won the car if they were in the Northeast, I was going to offer a $100 gas gift card for them for them to get to the Fox-A-Que BBQ that I put on.

The offer is there for your friend, Steve. It will be mid-July this year. If you can attend too, that'd be pretty awesome.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post

Steve
    Steve, as I told Harry weeks ago. I am here about 5 miles from the car and was a friend of Travis. Foxtoberfest was his favorite event in the world so hopefully you guys can make a road trip at least one year back down to attend. I am in SEFB as well and have seen it, sat in it, know who worked on it etc. I had planned on attending today but ended up at the doctor getting diagnosed with bronchitis. If you have any questions or need assistance with something let me know. I think most transportation companies can load it without any assistance from Shannon I would imagine but the offer is out there.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Wow, what a friend! I believe that your return will be even greater than the gift and it's quite the gift! I hope your friend is grateful!
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

i started to write here in this post and keep changing what I want to say. So let me say this, the car and the story could not have ended any better or in better hands. Keep it in the family, you know Travis is proud looking down on this. He and his car will continue to touch many more people. The true PRIDE in Four Eyed Pride!
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Steve that sounds like a great plan for that sweet Pony!!!!

I was thinking that if I won I would do it all over again and raise another $7000 for Travis's family.
    You guys are the best!!!!!
    Scotty

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    Steve that sounds like a great plan for that sweet Pony!!!!

I was thinking that if I won I would do it all over again and raise another $7000 for Travis's family.
    You guys are the best!!!!!
    Scotty
    My plan was to raise more money as well and also raise cancer awareness. For this year, I was gonna attend as many shows as possible and make it a tribute car. Also in my plan was to have it on display at Mustang Week and take donations for the family and a charity. Just imagine how many people would possibly donate at MW!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

Neither here nor there

Gonna reach out to a few people I know in the NB and Fall River area for you today bud, very excited to hear what you are doing! That is awesome!

Very cool Steve!

If I can be of any assistance during the process, please let me know as I would be honored to help out.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Neither here nor there

Friend replied to me with this "There's a self storage place on Hathaway Rd. In New Bedford that's really secure and is always advertising cheap pricing. "
    Last edited by Capriman86; 03-06-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks man! Going to be a bit before we have the car out your way. Still needs a bit a of work to be turnkey so having it shipped to me first so we can get things all wrapped up!

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    Friend replied to me with this "There's a self storage place on Hathaway Rd. In New Bedford that's really secure and is always advertising cheap pricing. "
    Steve
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Neither here nor there

Reach out to me if you need anything on the transfer, I am about 45-55 min from New Bedford and most likely can assist if you need something.

Sounds Like it is going to a Great Home. You will have to post pictures as its travels. FYI if you need parts Just ask I'm willing to help as I'm sure there are others. Congrats!
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

I'm in Ottawa now, so practically right up the street, if you need any help, let me know.
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

Yeah I saw the Ottawa railroad museum in your convertible pictures! Thanks for the offer. Will keep you in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedfoxdriver View Post
    I'm in Ottawa now, so practically right up the street, if you need any help, let me know.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

The generosity, information, and caliber of people on this site are nothing short of amazing.

Allows me to keep a ray of hope for humanity yet.

Kudos to all parties involved.
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon