Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What area of town are you in? I should have some free time this weekend , 9 1 3 - six six 9 - for to ate nine, shoot me a call or text.
    Last edited by 4eyedfoxdriver; 06-23-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

Default Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedfoxdriver View Post
    What area of town are you in? I should have some free time this weekend , 9 1 3 - six six 9 - for to ate nine, shoot me a call or text.
    I'm in Pleasant Hill, and I'll be around anytime Sunday, you can call me also 8167396606

Which tires do you have on the LMR wheels?

Question:-
    Quote Originally Posted by chazman View Post
    Which tires do you have on the LMR wheels?
    Answer:
    Thanks.

I went 225 55 16 . I like running the same size all around, and I know 245's will rub up front.

I have B springs in the rear, I'll install the front as soon as I have any reason to get into the front end. But if you look in the early pics you can see it always seemed to sit a little high in the rear. I should be happy if they drop the front a 1/2in.

The TRX look right at home on the 83. I also really like the 10 holes on the aero.

If nobody releases a 10 hole 5 lug I may get ticked and put my 86 back to 4 lug when it’s done. Haven’t decided, don’t need to right now.....

If I would have found 5 lug mesh wheels initially for the Saleen build that might have sealed the deal on what gets what....
    Last edited by erratic50; 08-07-2018 at 01:37 AM.

I remember buying a sand beige coupe back in 1993 with the original TRX wheels on it. I was so sad when I had to get new tires and the guy behind the counter said $400.00, each.

I told the guy the whole damn car didn't cost that much.... in the end I ended up getting a set of stock wheels that had the whole center/hubcap molded and fused onto the rim. They were so hideous. and it was a very sad day.

I tried finding a picture on Gooogle but it seems that the internet has removed this horrid wheel from existence...

Oh, I forgot. I think the TRX wheels look awesome on your ride.

So I decided the TRX's would be better suited on the 83 and Boy was I right....

Is the front suspension on that car bone stock? Still has the early k-member and arms?
    Wanted to gauge the fit of that wheel versus suspension width.

Yep it's stock. Get some rubbing at full turn, but otherwise all good.
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12