Close

Default GT350 Turbo Convertible to add to your DB

I know some information on this one is already in the DB but here is additional information to add. It was sold yesterday for $4,800 and is headed to Lancaster SC. Odometer shows 53,xxx but based on seat wear and other wear, I would say 153,xxx.
    IT was a pretty low option: AC, tilt, TRXs with ancient tires, no intermittent wipers, radio delete, manual windows and locks, white top that appears original. Has been repainted extremely poorly once it looks like and needs paint ASAP. No horseshoe medallion or owner's plaque. Doesn't appear they were ever on the car.

Last edited by homer302; 02-27-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Updated database and registry. Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Oh man, I'd love to have a low option radio delete Anny. I wonder how many were actually ordered that way...

This is the only 'radio credit option' G.T.350 that I know of. There are probably more but likely not very many.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I'm familiar with this car. I actually have the original "wagon" wheels that were original to it. Did you notice the trunk lid had been replaced with the early 79 with no "lip" on it. My guess is rust as it was originally a NY car.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnot View Post
    I'm familiar with this car. I actually have the original "wagon" wheels that were original to it. Did you notice the trunk lid had been replaced with the early 79 with no "lip" on it. My guess is rust as it was originally a NY car.
    It is a NY car originally. Yes, I noticed that trunk lid. For some reason, they clear coated it when the entire rest of the car was single stage. And doubly bad, they failed at that too because the clear is letting go. It fits terrible too on the passenger side quarter and rubs in the corner. And that is the same side as all the wonky stuff in the body work. I think basically it is a decent car but I didn't pull the trigger on it. No way it was 53,xxx miles on it. Not even close. I would value it at 3,800.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

I can't swear to the mileage but I do think the 53,000 could be accurate. I say that because of the overall originality of the car - minus paint. I know that the seats were swapped. Original seats were beautiful! Keep in mind that it was a regular driver for a god part of its like in NY.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd

I am still going with non-original because Mick said it was for sale on ebay in 2010 with 58,000 original miles on it and now it's a shade under 53,000. I think more then the seats have been swapped. Who knows for sure though? The guy does have another one he is currently putting together so I am sure the best parts got swapped.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    I am still going with non-original because Mick said it was for sale on ebay in 2010 with 58,000 original miles on it and now it's a shade under 53,000. I think more then the seats have been swapped. Who knows for sure though? The guy does have another one he is currently putting together so I am sure the best parts got swapped.
    Ahh, I wasn't aware of the mileage discrepancy from its EBay listing til now. Not sure about other swaps. It's a shame when nice original parts are swaped.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd

I am not sure when I noted the mileage being _58,863 but I have it on ebay three times:

05/10 Westchester, NY
    04/11 Valhalla, NY
    11/11 ________, NY
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder