Close

Default SVO to add to your DB

You may already have this one Mick but just in case here it is. The rear spoiler has a third brake light and the sign said it was an '86 but I never saw an '86 without composite headlights. But at any rate, here you go. It has power windows, locks, AC, Tilt, intermittent wiper, Rear Defrost, solid roof, cloth. It is obvious based on the pictures that I could not open the driver's door and therefore, the hood so no picture of the VIN tag or Buck tag. Unsure where the console switches went as they are all MIA.

Last edited by homer302; 02-26-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

HaHa. I guess all VIN decoders are not alike. I tried to see what came up and this says it's a brand new 2016 Taurus. So, IDK and I don't care enough to look further.

Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

My guess would be that the owner could not find a nice set of '85.5/86 headlights and opted for the earlier style... obviously, based on the VIN, it is a very late build '86 SVO.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Added to the DB. Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    HaHa. I guess all VIN decoders are not alike. I tried to see what came up and this says it's a brand new 2016 Taurus. So, IDK and I don't care enough to look further.

That's a problem!! The 17 character vin was supposed to provide a unique identification for all vehicles.
    Dave

1FABP28M4FF114537 bought 12/84 sold 1992
    1MEBP79M8FF613099 bought 9/13 sold 10/19
    1FABP28M4FF166315 bought 3/12 sold 5/21

1FABP28T7FF239068 bought 10/14
    1FABP28T9GF181465 bought 10/14

A 2016 Taurus does not have a body code of "28". That decoder sucks. See more here: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?178845
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags