Close

Default Differences in Gauges

I looked at a '84 1/2 GT today and something in the gauges seemed odd. I didn't take a picture and I wish I had because I second guessed myself and thought I was crazy. Apparently I am not. I got home and looked at both of mine and they are what I thought they all were.

Just the temperature gauge on this one said "NORM" on it. All the other gauges said NORMAL in them except the temp gauge. I never noticed there were any that just said NORM in them. They were 100% stock appearing gauges to me.
    So, how many of you guys have a temp gauge that just says "NORM" in it instead of NORMAL?
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Norm!!

Name:  NORM.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  17.7 KB

Both the original temp and oil pressure gauges from my early '83 GT (10/82) say NORM (and are orange and white).

I got a set of green and white gauges from the salvage yard and the temp gauge says NORMAL.
    The green/white oil pressure gauge is blank. No "L" or "H" or NORM.
    (Best I can remember, they were from a Granada.)

Blog Entries

My 3/83 GT says "norm", but it is lit green.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

I have an 82 GT and my temp gauge says normal and its green the oil gauge is just L and H, no other lettering. I have three 83-86 clusters and they all say normal in both the temp and oil pressure gauges and they have orange needles. Cant say I have seen one with just Norm but wasnt really looking...

Mike
    1982 GT 351W, retro hyd roller, ported Pro Comp heads, Tremec, M2300K brake kit, Recaros...needs paint!
    1984 LX 5.0 Vert *SOLD*
    1993 Cobra #3971 mostly stock *SOLD*
    1966 FFR Cobra replica 383W, Vic Jr heads, Vortech YS, TFS Box intake, 652rwhp, crazy fast!
    1987 GT in MM&FF May of 97 "Not Fade Away" white and purple. Sold 1999

NORMAL on my 84-1/2 GT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

NORMAL on my 84 gt also