Close

Thread: 84 gt vert

Default 84 gt vert

I've communicated with the owner of this car.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/6016749469.html

It's a project, and my concern is with the CFI. He says the throttle body housing is cracked, he tried another from a different year, and it would not work.

What would you pay for the car as it sits?

Thanks in advance!

I would easily pay $2k for that car.
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

I would look for rust underneath. The CFI to carb swap is a little more involved than it would seem, just fyi. But yeah $2000 could be fair.
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

Looks like a fair deal to me, I'd pay 2G's for it.

I've seen this car for sale for a while, on and off. I never went out to look at it, so I can't help you there, but I thought about it... He seems firm on the price, so even though it's been for sale for a while I think that's what you'll need to pay for it if you want it. Regarding what it's worth, well, really depends on you and what your budget is and how "nice" the car needs to be for you to enjoy driving it. I'm always worried about cars that don't run because it's nice to trust a guy that the engine is great except for the CFI, but as far as I'm concerned if I can't run and drive it I need to assume that there are engine problems. Also, the gears have been changed, by who? The same person who can't fix a throttle body fuel injector? Not sure, but that would worry me too. Count on $1,500 for a new top if you need a good one (some guys might just put it down and leave it that way parked in the garage and just take it out on nice days). You'll want a glass window top, not the kind in there now. Paint is expensive, if you need it to look good it's going to cost several thousand bucks to do it right. Interior looks pretty good. Sometimes it's cheaper to spend more up front and get a nicer one that's already had that work done by the previous owner, but again, that depends on your budget. If it's all good but for the injector I'd assume you can find one at a junkyard if you want to stay original and you can run it around as it is, so if you have a light budget this might be the car for you, if it's not rusty. There are a lot of foxes in the greater ATL area if this one isn't right for you, keep looking! Good luck!

Looks well worth it but it's not as cheap as it really sounds. As noted above by Matt J, a new top will not be cheap. Unless you run across a good used top and frame, you can add $1,500 immediately to the purchase price so you are already at $3,500 which sort of makes it seem not so cheap but still, looks nice.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Thanks, yall. I'm probably going to get Travis T's car in the drawing, so I guess I'll pass on this one!