Close

Default Installation question on Daniel Carpenter 1986 instrument cluster lens

Whats the easiest way to fit the new lens on my housing. The original was melted on and there is a lot left behind when removing the old one. I dont want it to look hacked, any good tips? Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by FoxFords&FFR's; 02-23-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    1982 GT 351W, retro hyd roller, ported Pro Comp heads, Tremec, M2300K brake kit, Recaros...needs paint!
    1984 LX 5.0 Vert *SOLD*
    1993 Cobra #3971 mostly stock *SOLD*
    1966 FFR Cobra replica 383W, Vic Jr heads, Vortech YS, TFS Box intake, 652rwhp, crazy fast!
    1987 GT in MM&FF May of 97 "Not Fade Away" white and purple. Sold 1999

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFords&FFR's View Post
    Whats the easiest way to fit the new lens on my housing. The original was melted on and there is a lot left behind when removing the old one. I dont want it to look hacked, any good tips? Thanks

Mike
    I just bought one of those too. There's a thread on here if you search. I think I'm going to just carefully pry it off and use a dab of silicone over the plastic studs. You can't see that anyway when its behind the trim plate.
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

I got the old one off, it was broken anyways. I ended up using an exacto knife to trim away the offending bits and then the new one sat down properly. I was going to use two panhead screws to hold it on, they countersunk all the holes on the new lens but didnt include any hardware to affix it. They will be really short self tappers. I will post up a pic when I am done. Thanks for the reply.

Mike
    1982 GT 351W, retro hyd roller, ported Pro Comp heads, Tremec, M2300K brake kit, Recaros...needs paint!
    1984 LX 5.0 Vert *SOLD*
    1993 Cobra #3971 mostly stock *SOLD*
    1966 FFR Cobra replica 383W, Vic Jr heads, Vortech YS, TFS Box intake, 652rwhp, crazy fast!
    1987 GT in MM&FF May of 97 "Not Fade Away" white and purple. Sold 1999