Close

Default Aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator Mounting

Since I will be converting to aftermarket EFI, I will need to add a fuel pressure regulator. I haven't got a clue where to mount this for a nice clean looking install, so I'm asking you all that have mounted aftermarket regulators for pictures of where you have mounted yours to get an idea.

Any visual help is appreciated!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

I'm no expert but mine is on the fuel rail on the throttle body side. Car is currently 3.5 hours away getting the work over but I'll get you a pic soon as I can!

All of the multiport EFI crowd will have it mounted on the fuel rail. Find a spot that moves with the motor.

From what I know is that if you intend on Racing at a Track, then you need to Install it on the Fender or Engine some how. Installed on the Firewall is a No-Go in order to past Tech. If No 1/4 Track Runs are plan for the Future, then Install It anywhere You can. I simply went with the Fender option because I do Plan On Drag Racing at the Track again Someday.
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.

As close to the supplied air:fueler (throttle body or carburetor) is always best practice for regulator effectiveness.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/