Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ehh, no, it looks like more than 36K based on the pedals. If you zoom in on the steering wheel, the fake leather little grooves or pattern whatever they are called are worn smooth where it's been handled as well. Boy those gauges sure do look nice and orange though. Its been inside its whole life I'd say.
    Last edited by homer302; 02-22-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

One thing that raised a red flag with me, though it may be nothing, is that the current owner bought the car from the Volo Auto Museum. Being a lifelong Northern Illinois resident and car nut you hear things and some folks haven't gotten what they thought they paid for with that place. I'm also inquiring from the owner if they have a Carfax on it. I may buy one myself if they don't.

hah. Yeah, they "appraised" it at $12,998 back whenever they had it.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    hah. Yeah, they "appraised" it at $12,998 back whenever they had it.
    Interesting, do you have a link?
    *Edit* I found it.
    http://www.volocars.com/vehicles/6807/1985-ford-mustang
    Last edited by guppymech; 02-22-2017 at 02:23 PM.

I went to volo's website. There's not much on there and no price. They have a link for sold cars and I put in mustangs and sorted by year.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

The current owner told me the front seats were recently re-stuffed. He also had the struts and shocks replaced and said that they were shot with no damping action when tested by hand on the workbench. The plug wires aren't original. He also says 4th gear pops out to neutral if you shift lazily, which may be related to the adjustment of the Hurst shifter stop bolts.
    The seller is a very nice guy and I feel he's being very forthright and honest with the information that he has.

Could the car have needed the above repairs and still have only 37k on it?
    Last edited by guppymech; 03-01-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Well I pulled the plug on this purchase. I want to say 'Thank You' to everyone who helped out, especially Stangman116. I really appreciate the help. I'm picking up a 1984 Harley FXE-80 Shovelhead this morning instead.
    Take Care,
    Tom

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by guppymech View Post
    The current owner told me the front seats were recently re-stuffed. He also had the struts and shocks replaced and said that they were shot with no damping action when tested by hand on the workbench. The plug wires aren't original. He also says 4th gear pops out to neutral if you shift lazily, which may be related to the adjustment of the Hurst shifter stop bolts.
    The seller is a very nice guy and I feel he's being very forthright and honest with the information that he has.

Could the car have needed the above repairs and still have only 37k on it?
    Nope. Too much work done. Too many questions.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123