Close

Default Would have been sinful to leave her in the barn today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!
    1982 Mustang GT 460/c-4
    1979 Mustang ghia coupe...original 2.3 turbo 4 speed barn find

http://s316.photobucket.com/albums/m...zephyr%20pics/

Nice!
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Everybody enjoyed the ride!

Awesome
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Badass!
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build

That picture is fantastic! I love the excitement on the little boys face. He will grow up wanting a Mustang for sure.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Quote Originally Posted by 84T-Top View Post

Everybody enjoyed the ride!

That right there is what it's all about.....

That smiling face in the back seat will be the one asking for the keys before you know it. Enjoy this wonderful world through the kiddo's eyes while you can!

And I have some thought for those who have an old car tucked away that's special (to you) but isn't up and running.

cars were made to be driven. Few cars is this more true with than a four eyed Mustang!

Ive taken some crap over the years for my worn out old 86 Mustang. It's engine is past its prime and its been far from nice for a long time now but I've managed to keep it running and driving and licensed and run up several thousand miles per year the majority of the 25 years I've owned mine.

My explanation for doing enough to keep a piece of tired iron going has been simple - as bad as they are on the road they get 10x worse when they sit. Meanwhile no little kid ever grows up with exciting and fond memories of the classic car they ALMOST got to ride in. My kids have both grown up riding in mine. I only wish I had thought of setting up a camera like yours years ago. Back when my wife didn't refuse to ride in it. She would CRAP if she rode in it with all of the bolt ons I've thrown at it in the past few years. WAY faster and quicker and better handling than it was!

I rode home from the hospital as a newborn in a 1968 Camaro. My parents traded it for a 1965 Olds Starfire Convertible as our family car when I was 3. I have very fond memories of those cars - it's a wonder I didn't buy a hemroid - I mean Camaro - when I turned 16. I got confused about what every asshole gets sooner or later, sorry... Lol.

I would LOVE to have a picture of the image burned into my memory of me looking at my dad driving those old cars. I would also love to have a picture of my then 3 year old son sitting in his car seat inside my 86 with the yellow 79 cobra hot wheels car I gave him. There he was playing with it by the back window while we were riding around the country. He would out right clapping because he was having SO MUCH fun in daddy's Mustang when we'd pull out to pass someone and the tires would break loose as we went around.

Fast forward 15 years and his restored 1986 GT convertible is his daily driver and we squeeze in time to work on mine where we can. He's motivating me to constantly make progress on mine and to get out there and attend car local car events.

A perfectly polished ride has so many memories that easily wipe away that simply won't come off of mine anymore without taking the finish with it. It's an honest example of a car that has been driven hard and enjoyed so much that few will ever bring more joy to anyone.

Run the wheels off of them guys! There's little true joy found in a fun car that sits. Its like a piece of candy kept in the wrapper so long that it spoils.

Enjoying them creates demand for parts and keeps the hobby alive and well!

Now if somebody would just start building bodies in white like the 68's have available!
    Last edited by erratic50; 02-28-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Wow, great sentiment erratic! Now, if I just wasn't too lazy to work on mine right now....
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

cars were made to be driven.
    I whole heartedly agree. I have been daily driving my 83 since getting her back on the road in 2009. Close to 80,000 miles later I still enjoy every minute of driving her.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4