Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tom83gtconv View Post
    My Marti report says that 993 GT's were made.

BTD's doesn't

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8C...loSlNCcVU/view

...get yo money back, BTD!

83GTRAG, tom83gtconv How come yours has 993, and BTD's doesn't?

I see it nowhere on his...

Nobodys deluxe marti will have the info needed, as the deluxe treats the car as an 83 2 door convertible, it doesn't break it down by GT/GLX

The reason for that is because the Mustang GT Convertible was offered so late in the production run, that most people didn't even know they existed (since the advertising didn't mention them until very late) so they didn't make many, because people didn't order many. Mine for example was ordered for stock in April of 83, however the dealer brochures for 83 don't even mention an 83 GT vert being available, so it was only because of my dealers particular want for the car that it was even built.

I know for example that 1157 Mustang verts were sent to Canada in 1983, but not the breakdown of glx/gt . The elite will clear it up as I said once and for all, looks like I might be the first person to ever pony up the cash for it, but I wanted to settle this so that we can all know exactly what the fudge happened in 1983 lol
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

The "993" number that people are saying are on their deluxe report is the last statistic, which is chosen at random by Marti. If your report doesn't have that stat it does not mean your report is wrong.

For those that do have it on their report it says something like this...

993 With Mustang GT
    For the 1983 Mustang 2-Door Convertible
    ...which means 993 Mustang GT convertibles in 1983.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I can tell that that engine, or least the valve cover, is from the 1982 model year.
    well, another mistake I made for years I thought it was an X code 83........yes, actually a Stock 124000 miles "Never had the valve cover off" 1982 B code, same as blake4591's,

Quote Originally Posted by blake4591 View Post
    calibration sticker cut out and checking date 8793.

In a gray 84 3.8 liter V-6 CFI Mustang. Man, I need to recheck my stuff.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how we know if an engine has been painted, and what year it is....

Quote Originally Posted by BTD View Post
    I know for example that 1157 Mustang verts were sent to Canada in 1983
    Your report's random stat (the last one) says...

1157 With Metric Speedometer
    For the 1983 Mustang 2-Door Convertible
    It does not say "1157 Mustang convertibles were sent to Canada in 1983". Canada is not the only country with metric speedometers in use.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 03-23-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Wow ! Because I didn't know that already encyclopedia brown. We are talking about North American cars here. That was always implied. Why you would need to chime in with that bit of wisdom I have no freaking idea.

Maybe we can start talking about Ford International, nah let's not.

Tell you what, unless you have something to contribute - stay off my thread. Go bully someone else.
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Wow ! Because I didn't know that already encyclopedia brown. We are talking about North American cars here. That was always implied. Why you would need to chime in with that bit of wisdom I have no freaking idea.

Tell you what, unless you have something to contribute - stay off my thread. Go bully someone else.
    You might want to ease up there buddy...that guy started and operates this site and has been around a long time following before that...
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

In amongst all the discussion about which years had Ford Corporate Blue engines, it bears pointing out that much
    of the OP's engine is wearing a much lighter shade of Ford Blue, that was not used after 1965. That, and the lack
    of serpentine drive strongly suggests that, until the partial VIN can be verified on the engine block, it's originality
    is questionable, at the very least.

And yes, I agree with bwguardian. This isn't that kind of site. Disagreements are fine, but civility is not optional.
    Last edited by JACook; 03-23-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Please tell me how you "know" there were 1157 Mustang convertibles sent to Canada in 1983? Nowhere does your deluxe Marti report either state such a fact or imply such a fact. The only stat on your report that implies it is for Canada only is the DSO.

I do have something to contribute and that is disseminating correct information. Incorrect facts and assumptions will not go unchallenged here. If that is not to your liking you are welcome to stop posting on this website.

You attitude is what needs to be put in check. So check it yourself. Or somebody else will.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

A liitle Extra grace is required from each of us. I've knbown BTD a while, he's not trying to be brazen.

I've been involved with Foxes for a while, and its really hard to find out the right info. Often, as you see, we put 2 and 2 together. One guy gets a 22, the other gets 4...

Its frustrating BTD, because he's actually done the work, gotten the reports, and attempted to get the right conclusions. The right answers change depending on what has happened with our cars. Its a lot more important with Mustangs or Foxes which have inherent value from desired options, but no one really cars about a scuzzy old Canadian market Cortina or 1969 Sport Coup V8 Falcon.

On two occassions, BTD just so happens to have gotten rare cars that have been changed from stock, both his Orange Juice 1981 I6, and his 83 Vert. Not much, but some.

Conclusions are what they are. Its hard to be civil when you just want a definative ball park value figure.

Some of us find it a little hard to understand the subtle difference between what we've got (which has been changed around from stock) and what it is supposed to be like. We've been down this road with emiisions gear and trans options, and its hard to get this stuff nailed down.

Both BTD's cars are rare, but not stock, but its really darned hard to know what happened.

Anyone posting Marti Reports, and there car, and comming up with questions or conclusions that aren't perfec, have to use a liitle grace.

I remember being soooo pi%%ed off I couldn't get simple answers to questions on one site, it took me 9 years to get a simple darned piece of info, and the more I pushed it, the more sarcastic my reputation became. Its not personal, its a natural response from being "effed off" that some thing so simple just isn't in the Ford world.

The Ford data Marti reports, or other parties use, or any other data base is not an "exceptions report" .

My 81 had a km/h speedo, it wasn't Canadian, nor were the European exports to other territories like US military bases, or Aussie exports.

Xctasy
    I am not bias here but just read his defensive tones of the posts. Both foxchassis and I own these cars. Every statement he is making is not based on any fact. We have posted pictures showing OEM motors and colors with original serpentine belts and lots of other facts. He asked for a price homer hit it spot on. He listed it on EBay and nothing happened. He couldn't get anyone to buy the car. I understand the frustration but please don't post on an open forum, ask opinions then argue with everyone. 30+ years and he didn't drive the car off the showroom, therefore he really doesn't know and should listen to what people say. Try listening.
    Foxchassis you have my Marti repot, feel free to post it
    Sorry BTD but be a little open minded.
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    In amongst all the discussion about which years had Ford Corporate Blue engines, it bears pointing out that much
    of the OP's engine is wearing a much lighter shade of Ford Blue, that was not used after 1965. That, and the lack
    of serpentine drive strongly suggests that, until the partial VIN can be verified on the engine block, it's originality
    is questionable, at the very least.

And yes, I agree with bwguardian. This isn't that kind of site. Disagreements are fine, but civility is not optional.
    Yes, you are correct on the color. It is much too light for Ford Corporate Blue. It is very close to 1964-1/2 260 Blue though.
    John
    2017 Convertible 6-Speed
    1984 GT 5.0 T-Roof
    1965 Coupe 4-Speed
    1964-1/2 Coupe C4-Auto
    MCA National Certified Judge 1964-1966 and 1979-1993

I've been following this thread and I think it's about time that it's over. No one needs to take FoxChassis's opinion into question as he's been doing this a long time and has extensive information and experience on the four eyed Mustangs. If BTD only wants to hear what he thinks is right, that's fine, it's his opinion, but everyone, for the most part, on this forum is here to help. If you don't want to hear the facts, then start your own make believe website.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12