Close

Default 1979 fairmont dash replace

I'm looking to replace by factory dash in my fairmont with a fiber glass one pretty sure nobody makes one specific for the fairmont so curious if the 1979 dash for the mustang would fit good ? I'm adding a racepac so looking to clean up my car interior I took heater box out so no need for all the vents and holes was looking at a fiberglass one to cut just a hole mount the racepac in . Anyone ever used any dashes or recommend something that fits good ? Thank you

Fairmonts and Mustangs use the same dash. The difference in SOME Fairmonts is the 2 giant gauge instrument cluster. It had its own dash pad that was a little different. But Fairmonts could also be had with the same 6-gauge instrument cluster Mustangs came with. And those came with the same dash pad Mustangs came with. One of those fiber glass dashes made for a Mustang should fit just as well as it would in a Mustang.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

What I was thinking too ....I'm gonna call VFN Fiberglass on Monday was able find few older posts of people using them with good results
    Last edited by Mr wood; 02-19-2017 at 12:14 AM.