Close

Cool Motor City Online

I miss this game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ER5FLjsAE Its been offline for years, but I have never seen another Online Game like it. The Premise; Buy a stock new or used 60's muscle car, modify it, then race.
    I think I had more fun building the car, with all the available parts. I would normally buy the slowest heaviest beast, and put something like a 1000HP Hemi and race it, and blow the door off most. With the winning's you could buy more parts and cars.
    There were several tracks, 1/4 mile drag race or round track, and if you were good enough racer, your name would be posted as a top 10 winner for the week.

I know there is the Need for Speed and the GTA games, and these are ok, but the Motor City was like no other online car game.
    1985 Ford LTD LX
    1989 Mustang 5.0 Coupe
    1994 Ford F150 Lightning

I really miss Motor City Online! It was my favorite online game (besides Ultima Online) in the late 90s/early 2000s. I have never seen another game go into such detail when it comes to modifying and building cars/engines. I picked up the latest Car Mechanic game hoping it would be like MCO, but not even close. I still hate EA for pulling the plug on this game in favor of The Sims online which was a total failure right off the bat. What were they thinking?? I still hope some day there will be another game like it... although the game "My Summer Car" looks pretty interesting...

You would think with the Muscle Car being more popular now then it was in 2000, this game or one like it would exist. Yeah the SIMs sucks, but I can remember the old SIM City. That was actually fun playing, and destroying (I don't care for the latest SIM CITY, like the "SIMS", you have to be connected to the EA link, so they can sell you a bunch of crap as you play).
    1985 Ford LTD LX
    1989 Mustang 5.0 Coupe
    1994 Ford F150 Lightning