Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default South Beach Classics is a JOKE!!

We've got satellite tv here at our camp that gets its programming from india and we have discovery turbo. I just watched this show and this guy is an idiot. He basically is a greasy used car salesman, just the nerve this idiot has to think his cars are gold and everyone else's stuff is worth nothing.

His wife is nothing but a botched plastic surgery victim that looks like the girl from splice and has more "bondo" than most of their hacked up cars they sell...

Anyone else seen this show yet?
    Last edited by kgray59; 09-10-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Yes, and my wife was laughing at all the things the wife did or wore. She commented that she expected the wife to have a cigarette in her hand during some of the scenes.

Pretty sleazy guy, not sure I'd buy anything from him after watching this show!
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

I've watched this show several times just for the laughs it brings. Even my wife has commented on the apparent cosmetic surgery his wife displays.
    I've thought about dropping in on his operation if I ever get to Florida again with one of my Mustangs just too mess with his head.

I think those two deserve each other. He's using her, and she's using him.

He's using her, and she's using him.
    Welcome to Miami!

Quote Originally Posted by gt pony View Post
    He's using her, and she's using him.
    And neither one cares....they're getting their share..."working on the night moves".

Slightly modified lyrics from a very popular Bob Seger tune
    The devil made me do it!!!!!
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

Quote Originally Posted by 85ASCCapri View Post
    And neither one cares....they're getting their share..."working on the night moves"...
    I was thinking the same thing, Ron.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I watched about 5 of those shows yesterday - I did nothing else all day and it's wierd for me 'cause I hardly watch t.v. Anyway, what I noticed is that all of these cars he owns have horrible paint jobs. Not my style at all as that's the first thing I look at in a car.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

ya, watch this from time to time and get a pretty good laugh from it. He flips alot of junk. remember watching some back to back repeats of it. On the first show he bought a mid 50's chevy truck from a guy. He asked the guy what motor it was and the guy told him a 305 was in it. In the next show he was selling the same truck. Customer asked if it was a 350 and he told him yes. All i could think of was the guy the bought the truck sitting at home and watching the samething i just did. This guy is a crook.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

Yeah, I've seen the show and it's annoyed me since the first 5 seconds. It's a display of what typically goes on down here. Some [explicative] with money moves down here from somewhere else (usually NYC, Staten Island, Jersey, Southern California), treats everyone like they're bottom feeders, pretends everything they do is gold even though they know nothing about it, and becomes popular with other people with money who have done the same thing, and then the rest of us are supposed to aspire to that.
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport
    1984 Mustang convertible

Guy is a joke, mostly junk is what I see. I can't stand to look at the wife, she thinks she's all that...he just a used car salesman. PERIOD

As I said on another post, very few good car shows out there. I've deleted some recording on my DVR.

I watch the show when it's on and do get a few laughs from it. The guy does come across as a shady salesman and even looks the part. Their prices seem a bit high for some of the stuff they sell(check their website). He admitted on one of the episodes he knows nothing about cars and that he's just in it for the business. You can tell he knows nothing about them when one potential client asked where the radiator was. He looked dumfounded and then said what's that? He had to call one of his gargoyles over to show the client. Regardless of how the show is there are some neat cars that are on there.
    1985 5.0 Coupe - will eventually be hated by Ford purists

FEP Power Member

..I'm personally just happy to see cars shows at all, I remember a few years back there was nothing car related on tv.
    I just wish they didn't do so many re-runs though.
    Original Member of 'The Anti-Cowl Hood Club' and 'The Ten-Hole Mafia'.

You guys most have some ultra hot wives! I think she's hot and would hit it without hesitation.
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by slomont View Post
    You guys most have some ultra hot wives! I think she's hot and would hit it without hesitation.
    I don't know about these guys, but I do!

Never heard of the show, had to google it, looks terrible!
    1986 Saleen #26 - Saugus Pace Car
    1988 Range Rover Classic - The Shop Truck

I watched it again this morning, it's like a train wreck, you just can't look away lol.

I've got a hot wife...

Quote Originally Posted by slomont View Post
    But , would you knock the bottom out of it?

Topic is old but the strangest thing happened to my family and I while trying to purchase a car there.

I visited South Beach Classics with my wife and daughter in order to get my daughter an old Bug for her 20th birthday.First time we went the car we were highly interested in would not start. I think of myself as a serious buyer. If I am here with my family it means I intend to act on it if I like it. But no effort were made on that day to actually start the car for us when it was just suppose to be a dead battery. I was not sure I wanted to come back but my daughter thought the car was cute so I asked when would be a good time to come back. The response was vague. Ted talks a lot. But does not give a straight answer. I was still advised to leave a deposit... you know... just in case someone else was interested in it in the meantime. I hesitated but decided not to. Glad I did not! We gave it 2 days.
    2 days later... well... same exact story... But on top we were told we had to give it time in order to fix the car. I asked if it was just a dead battery or if they had found out something wrong with the car. Then again a lot of talk for not much straight answer. I am a patient man and I would like to please my daughter, so we gave it a little more time. Though I was curious as why the car was still not starting. Was it just the battery or had nobody even taken the time to look at it?We had high expectations on our 3rd visit... It was beyond anything that we expected...I observed the scene from a professional point of view because I am a psychologist. At first, my wife, my daughter and I went out back by ourselves to check on the car. It was still here. In the same exact spot.When we came back inside the scene in front of our eyes was shocking. At first we could hear a lady (we realized later it was Robin) screaming that she would not care if he was dead. Then Ted barged in, yelling, insulting the lady. Accusations of alcoholism, drug addictions were made. Demeaning professional remarks also. At that point I asked my wife and daughter to go out the building. It did not seem to matter that the scene was taking place in front of customers. Then the man jumped on the woman and became physical. It took 2 men to separate them. It was shocking.
    The sad part, and from my professional outlook on such a situation is that the man was uncontrolable while the woman knew exactly what buttons to push to make him lose control on purpose. So reality seems far from what is on TV. And most likely the reason why the car we were interested in could not even get started in more than a week. No business can be ran in such conditions. We got an extremely poor service in spite of our patience to try to make a deal. Witnessed an unbelievable scene. I will not go back there again. I will not support a business where customers are ignored. I will not support a business led in violence.

Ted "The Wolfman" Vernon has been in the classic car business 40 years. Colorful, unique, crazy like a fox, call him what you want as he has been a south Florida side show for years from cars, to 17 movies and a professional boxer with a 3 and 1 record to boot!

I have never bought from him but have sold cars to him. His money is GOOD and that's all that mattered me.

Quite the character and pleasant to BS with at the collector car auctions we attend.

Check out some of his Academy award performances:

Scarecrows, Bikini Swamp Girl Massacre, Zombie Infection & Tumors.

All riveting performances!!!!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 05-05-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    Ted "The Wolfman" Vernon has been in the classic car business 40 years. Colorful, unique, crazy like a fox, call him what you want as he has been a south Florida side show for years from cars, to 17 movies and a professional boxer with a 3 and 1 record to boot!

I have never bought from him but have sold cars to him. His money is GOOD and that's all that mattered me.

Quite the character and pleasant to BS with at the collector car auctions we attend.

Check out some of his Academy award performances:

Scarecrows, Bikini Swamp Girl Massacre, Zombie Infection & Tumors.

All riveting performances!!!!
    Box office movies it seems like yeah.

I guess his boxer background justifies the physical violence towards the lady. (not)
    As well as the violence of the speech of the said lady. (not)
    In the showroom for everyone to see and hear.

We were happy to go and experience the eccentricities of the place and its owners at first. Don't get me wrong.
    But not "that eccentric"!
    I get that money is always good! Except that I was ready to make a deal and wasn't able to.

Overall quite a disturbing experience.

Neither here nor there

I take the show for what it is, no its not great but I am entertained watching. I don't think Robin is ugly but her plastic surgery is really a turnoff and its really obvious she has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    I take the show for what it is, no its not great but I am entertained watching. I don't think Robin is ugly but her plastic surgery is really a turnoff and its really obvious she has it.
    Yes entertaining you are right. And the show is not here to display domestic violence. The place of work should not be either.

You are also right the plastic surgery is a turnoff. Even with all the rage while insulting the hubby her face had the expression of a marble statue.

I watched part of one episode. I thought it was funny when he said he knew nothing about cars. I couldn't watch more than 15 minutes of the show before finding something else to watch.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

He's a turd. I watch it because nothing else is on at the time.

Those two are going to be in my neck of the woods in July for a car show called "The Cars That Time Forgot" on Lake Geneva. I went two years ago and may go back again this year just to check them out in person.

I watched the show a few times when it first released a few years back but I thought most of the cars were crap they were peddling and the prices they were asking were a complete joke! Couldn't stand the show boating of his wife either making it out like she was the smartest person the car business has ever seen.

And now you mention it, She does look like the experiment chick from Splice! That is freaking hilarious!

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast