Close

Default Rattle can Jalopeno red???

I have searched the forums and google...Nothing popped up for this. I have a couple areas I'd like to tackle myself with a spray can (duplicolor if possible). Like the underside of my hatch, my firewall and shock towers. Wondered if anyone has tried matching this paint up and would be able to recommend something that is the same or close enough. I have an 86 Jalopeno red GT....thanks in advance fellas.

Paint code 2R - about $20/can.
    http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spr...t_matched.aspx
    You'll have to ask if they do single or base/clear in that color...
    1986 Saleen #145
    now 50k miles - still 98% original.

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by 1986Saleen View Post
    Paint code 2R - about $20/can.
    http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spr...t_matched.aspx
    You'll have to ask if they do single or base/clear in that color...
    My man!! Thanks a ton

Automotive paint shops can mix up rattle cans of automotive paint in whatever color you need for about $25. It will probably be better than Dupli-color which is usually a lacquer based paint as opposed to the enamel based paint that is on your car from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    Automotive paint shops can mix up rattle cans of automotive paint in whatever color you need for about $25. It will probably be better than Dupli-color which is usually a lacquer based paint as opposed to the enamel based paint that is on your car from the factory.
    Cool, thanks for the info. We have a Sherwin Williams auto body supply shop here in town, maybe I'll give them a shout monday.

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-N-Y View Post
    My man!! Thanks a ton
    What T-O-N-Y said. I have used that company a few times and always have been impressed .... worth every cent

We have a local paint shop (Levines Auto) that will put it in a spray bomb for you but I have also used the place linked above and was happy with them too. Good Luck!

Mike
    1982 GT 351W, retro hyd roller, ported Pro Comp heads, Tremec, M2300K brake kit, Recaros...needs paint!
    1984 LX 5.0 Vert *SOLD*
    1993 Cobra #3971 mostly stock *SOLD*
    1966 FFR Cobra replica 383W, Vic Jr heads, Vortech YS, TFS Box intake, 652rwhp, crazy fast!
    1987 GT in MM&FF May of 97 "Not Fade Away" white and purple. Sold 1999

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFords&FFR's View Post
    We have a local paint shop (Levines Auto) that will put it in a spray bomb for you but I have also used the place linked above and was happy with them too. Good Luck!

Mike
    This works. I have also had the body shop supply store make up a can (base coat) for me while I was getting a couple of quarts mixed up. Not sure if that ended up cheaper or not actually.

A rattle can is handy for doing small bits for me that I didn't want to have to mix paint and get my gun dirty I would also use an over the counter clear coat for some of the small stuff too depending on what it was.

I used the website stated above, with my factory paint code and everything, and the spray paint was way off, but the bottle of touch of paint was spot on. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what. Just something to be noted.