Close

Default Waiting on some samples !

Im waiting on some samples of upholstery for my sand beige upholstery, And I am going to try doing them my self . Hope it is close .

From SMS?
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Cool! I still think fresh sand beige is going to look killer in your car. Can't wait to see progress.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Ur gonna sew them up yourself?

Nah they are sending me a sample off the sand beige that they have !!! I think it will look good just want to see it before I order it . Hard to tell by the pictures ! Then I will buy
    the upholstery !!!
    Last edited by slimj; 02-16-2017 at 04:00 PM.

What does it run? What trim level is it?
    My car has cloth LX seats and I am currently redoing them in vinyl right now. If I can find enough time I should have them sewn up by the end of the weekend

Having multiple experiences withTMI upholstery I think you will be happy with the sample and the upholstery. Spend the extra money for the new foam too. Otherwise you will have wrinkles that wont come out. Plus it will feel like a brand new car when you sit in it.

Quote Originally Posted by slimj View Post
    Im waiting on some samples of upholstery for my sand beige upholstery, And I am going to try doing them my self . Hope it is close .
    Paitence is a the very first thing you need. Only do one seat at a time so if you aren't sure how something is supposed to be you still have a reference. You also need brand new sharp razor blades or a no. 11 exacto knife and blade, some good quality trim adhesive, a par of hog ring pliers and some other common tools.

Name:  DSCN0029.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  84.2 KBYes TMI was very helpful ! Last summer I got new foam for the driver side it was breaking down ! I did pull the stock upholstery off and replaced the foam on the driver side, the pass side is like new . And it felt like the seat sat way high lol. But over the summer it did settle a little bit. But I want the interior to look new so i am doing it all . I do have all the tools now. The front was not bad to do , How ever i never did a back seat . Or the head rest but I am going to give it a try ! I want the sand beige it has the vinyl on the out side and cloth in the center ! Just want to see what the cloth looks like and what shade it is. Thanks for the help guys ,I will get some trim adhesive want to have everything ready to go . It does take a little time to get the upholstery but not to bad .
    Last edited by slimj; 02-16-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Name:  DSCN0032.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  105.3 KBToid it is a lx trim . low back buckets car has no power windows no cruise control !

Yeah... Looks like same seats I have. Mine have the two-tone micro checkered blue fabric with the Navy vinyl back & boxing. I'm not as stock-centric as some. I'm going all vinyl. I'm doing navy robbed inserts, a dark grey on the test of the face/top around the inserts & navy boxing/backs with navy welt. It looks good in my head. I hope it fleshes out well.

Got the sand beige samples today , The bottom vinyl looks super close but the cloth is a lot lighter than I thought , But I think it will look good when its all in and done !! I hope lol. I am going to wait a little bit and see if they have a good discount.

I also have the beige interior in my '86 and I am interested in redoing the whole thing. Love to see the pics when you are done (and during the process as well)

The back seats are about as easy as the front seats. The headrests are a little tough but not hateful.
    Dont forget the hog rings too.

Ok thanks , I have everything ready, New foam for front seats, Hog rings ,pliers upholstery adhesive, Just waiting on the upholstery !!
    Last edited by slimj; 03-07-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Good luck. Don't forget we are all here if you have any questions or problems.

Thanks ! I cant wait to start , I haven't done much to the car lately was going to take the interior out but I think I will wait till the upholstery gets here. I did replace the foam on the driver side, But didn't do pass side ,So I ordered pass side foam yesterday. Funny thing is when I restored the car I had all the interior out lol, Should have done it then. But this gives me something to do to the car .

Sportscars I will get some pics when I am done ! And try to take some while im doing it .