Okay, so after a few years of on and off searching I managed to stumble upon a very nice lower mileage (to me anyway) '85 LTD wagon. The bad part? It is about as geographically far away from me as possible while still being in the continental US. I'm no stranger to long distance car transactions, but this is about the farthest I've ever had to go. But, how often do you get a chance to drive across the country in a 30+ year old Ford that you are completely unfamiliar with? Seems like a good road trip to me.

Anyways, I am pretty handy with the spanners, but I am somewhat unfamiliar with this generation of Ford. I am just trying to get some ideas on spare parts that might not be a bad idea to have on hand just in case. I was going to go with the obligatory belts and radiator hoses. Any other parts that I should know about that might randomly fail on a 2200 mile road trip and render the car inoperable> TFI module maybe? I'm not looking to bring an entire car's worth of spare parts, but some common issues would be helpful so I'm not sitting in the middle of nowhere Idaho with a car that won't run because XXXXX just failed.

Any help would be appreciated.