Close

Default 86 gt door swap??

I seen another thread on this but not any real solid info as far as what doors will interchange. I am getting ready to buy 91 lx doors and was told they fit and bolt right up, but I read that they need some modifications and some welding...I can't weld lol. So can anyone explain in detail what needs welded and anything else that needs done for a 91 lx door to fit an 86 gt?? Thanks in advance fellas I'm pretty new to the fox body scene so forgive my stupidity for a moment

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Good info in there...not sure how you guys find these treads so easy lol. I search the forums but get about 4 pages deep and give up.

Anywho, still kinda confused as to why they need welded shut. Is it seen at the top of the door, like are the 87-93 door trim holes going to be exposed if you just put your oem trim on? Is the pre 87 trim more narrow not covering the 87+ door trim holes? Or is just in order to keep water from dripping in the holes?

Nevermind I think I see now. If a mod would delete the thread, thanks and sorry.