Close

Default 2.3t clutch fork question

Hello, I have a bell housing off a pace car with a 2.3t and one off of a 86tbird turbo coupe. My question is which fork would be used on the pace car's bell housing. Are they the same off a 5.0? I know the Tbird ones are different. I have 2 NOS for the Tbird' but I'm trying to not have to use the dog bone style cable. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

[attach]109301
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Not sure what variances Ford made on the 2.3 Tbirds...lots of changes were made when the EFI Turbo came out in three model ranges, Merkur, Mustang/Capri, and then the T birds variances frpm 83 to 87. Sometimes, like the small 4 cyli pilot bearing, Ford back tracted to lower tier FOG/ Himmer/Rocket German gearbox parts, so you ocassionally can't fit 5.0 forks to the earlier type of bellhousing.

The US made stuff got US gearboxes, the European stuff got European gearboxes. Strating with the SR4 and T4, everything was straightned out to be interchangble with the 4 cylinder T5 and Mustang 5.0 shift parts.

Ford then rolled out a further D9 variation for the 1979 model year to get some inerchangability happening.

The std Fox Mustang 5.0 fork fits the D9 bell perfectly on all Mustangs and Pinto's that had D9 bellhousings, and the Pace Car's bellhousing mount is the same.

D52A-7515-AC left, D4ZA-7515-B8 2nd from left, D8BC-7515-AC third from left, but only the Fox 5.0 fork , the forth from the left, will work

This is the D9 pivot. It's 3 1/8" tall from the trans mounting face & is approximately 3/4" in from the edge of the trans. register hole

That's the kind that works.

Shamlesslly purlined pictures from fordpinto.com's Pinto5.0, Pinto Master!

Just to clarify this for myself, a standard 5.0 fork and pivot ball will work with this bell housing. That is good news than. I didn't want to run into the fork issue that the Tbird and SVO's seem to have. I have Tbird forks I just want to simplify things. Thank you for your assistance.