Close

Default Original Invoices for 1979 T5 Ghia Coupe

Today I received the original "Emminger" Invoices for my 1979 T5 Ghia Coupe. Noticed I said INVOICES as there are 3 for this special export car.

Looking at the invoices and comparing the to other "Emminger" invoices I have purchased from Kevin Marti from my other cars show some differences.

1. No prices of any type at all on any of the 3 the invoices. There were prices on the single invoice for my old 1982 SSP Prototype company car. Every "Emminger" Invoice I have purchased has had prices on the invoice.

2. The first invoice has a perfereted date of 9 18 78 which is believe is the invoice date. The second and third invoice are both dated 9 25 78 which I assume is the shipping date.

3. Sold to is Ford Export Div. Ford Motor Company. Ship to Fomoco NY Harbor. Where all T5's sold to Ford Export or could this be a "Company Car" ? This is a very early 1979 T5. Could this be a "Company Car" for used for display by Ford in Germany as the 1979 T5 was a totally new T5 and Ford would have to have some T5's for display at the Berlin Auto show of other shows?

4. Notice "price level 901", FDAF Waived, Tax Exempt-Schedule A Credit on second invoice.

5. 3rd Invoice page is a continuation of options from the second invoice page.

6. The first Invoice page is not as detailed option wise as the second and third page. Is this due to export status of this car or possibly due to being a "Company Car" that there are 3 Invoice pages for this car?

7. The first invoice page on the last line says "SPCL. DLR. ACCT. ADJ. CR." Is this another possible indication of this being a Company Car?

8. On first and last invoice pages is the writing "PDAF Waived, Price Level 902, Tax Exempt-Schedule A Credit" What's this mean?

Attached are the 3 "Emminger" Invoices I received today, the Marti Report, buck tag pic and door tag pic for your review all in one place.

I am sure some of you others will notice some other differences between other "Emminger" Invoices you my have received for your cars. Above are just a few differences that I noticed when looking at these invoices for the first 5 minutes after receiving them versus others I have purchased.

Look forward to everyone's comments, critiques and factual insight on the "Emminger" Invoices for this very special 1979 T5!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 02-10-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Buck Tag Pic, original invoice found under carpet and picture of car in current condition.
    Last edited by vintageracer; 02-10-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    Mike

www.musclecardeals.com

I do not know what the comments on the invoice pages mean.

FIGESO (on the Marti report) = Ford International General Export Sales Office

I noticed the item number and the dealer number are different between the Eminger invoice and the Marti report.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Supporter

That's such a cool car Mike! I was really intrigued when Skip first found it and REALLY wanted buy it when he put it up for sale but couldn't tempt the wrath of my wife with another car! I'm glad someone who knows, cares and appreciates it for what it is and could be is in possession of it. I see it does have that deterioration prone early 79 front cover too!

Same drivetrain as our 79 coupe! Ours was San Jose built Sept.21/78 and was 103144, the T5 was nine days earlier and was already 123455!

Do you have any more interior and engine bay shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

WOW!! that is cool info!

Notice that the "Door Sticker" that Kevin Marti shows on the Marti Report posted above is NOT even close to the actual original "Door Sticker" shown above that is still in nice original condition on the car.
    Mike

www.musclecardeals.com

The missing weights (GVW/GAW and F/R) and springs codes (last 4 of TR) cannot be helped. Ford did not keep that info so Marti does not have it.

Contact Marti Auto about the following three discrepancies on the door tag image on your report.

• Ford seems to have switched up how they printed export labels in the middle of the year. Sometime between 11-78 and 5-79 Ford changed the vehicle TYPE from PASSENGER (shown on your tag) to U.S.CERT VOID-EXPORT (shown on your report). Not relevant to your report since it's no different than your original tag, but sometime between 9-78 and 11-78 Ford printed a series of asterisks over the two 'disclaimer' lines in the middle of the label (not shown on your door tag or your report).
    • The lack of A for your A/C code is an error on Marti's part.
    • The 7 code for R (radio) is legit even though it is not on your original tag. The radio option is on your invoice so it should have been on the original tag. I have no idea why Ford didn't print radio codes on some tags.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Wow, according to the paperwork, this car had Raised White Letter tires from the factory. Do we know if they were Firestone, Goodyear, or another brand? How many years was this option available, any pictures?

raised white letter (RWL) tires were available 1979-82
    white sidewall (WSW) tires were available 1979-86
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder