Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FEP Member

What is a "huber tuned engine" ? I'm familiar with john huber. Please explain. It says you have an LA3 since it is huber tuned this suggests you have a "piggy back" on your LA3 and you're tuning it with a lap top or external computer program?

Quote Originally Posted by svslow View Post
    What is a "huber tuned engine" ? I'm familiar with john huber. Please explain. It says you have an LA3 since it is huber tuned this suggests you have a "piggy back" on your LA3 and you're tuning it with a lap top or external computer program?
    svslow, sorry for the delayed response. Perhaps choice of wording there was poor, as you are correct. The car is running off of a LA3 computer, not a standalone nor does it have a piggyback ecu. "Tuned" being what all the engine has done, as far as the fuel, timing, valve selection, cam selection, etc.
    1985 1/2 SVO 2A - 260rwhp/295tq - Huber tuned engine, big valve head, roller cam, ported exhaust, upgraded turbo, new vane meter, air intake system, LA3, 35lb injectors.

FEP Member

I wasn't trouble shooting you. I think those power numbers are pretty good if you're not running a modified computer system.

Bump, still for sale.
    1985 1/2 SVO 2A - 260rwhp/295tq - Huber tuned engine, big valve head, roller cam, ported exhaust, upgraded turbo, new vane meter, air intake system, LA3, 35lb injectors.

Bump, still for sale.

Bump - Car has been placed on eBay.

I believe this sold for $6,500 didn't it? I hope you aren't disappointed. I didn't think it sounded like too bad a price
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    I believe this sold for $6,500 didn't it? I hope you aren't disappointed. I didn't think it sounded like too bad a price
    Homer302, $6,500 was the final bid but the reserve was just north of that. Not looking to give the car away and it seems to be a buyer's market and not a seller's one. Looks like I'll be holding onto it (and probably putting my FMIC, PiMPx, and a few other goodies on it) and selling my 1986 GT project car instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12