Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 79 Pace Car Charlotte NC $8k obo

I have for sale a 1979 Pace Car with 86k on it. Yes it has been modded but in a way that it looks original from the outside. The block is bored .030 over has 66 289 heads and has a nice Comp cam with a full flowmaster off road h and shorty headers exhaust. Weiand intake with Holley 600 carb with msd ignition. This is a non ac car. Tubular front k member with new shock struts and springs. New Late Model Restoration TRX wheels and tires. The car is on LMR website under wheel and tire combo with a nice pic and description of the wheels and tires. Nice original interior that shows wear on the drivers seat but other than that just a nice original interior. New dash pad and almost perfect door panels. I am thinning the heard(recently sold 2 motorcycles) but I do not have to sell it . The car has been to several car shows and last years Foxtoberfest. It is a original 4 speed car with the original 7.5 rearend. Motor trans rearend have roughly 3k on them. Most of the paint is original and it does show some wear but not bad for a 38 year old. I have pampered and babied this thing the whole time I have had it so I would really like someone that has a interest in Mustangs to buy it. Also comes with a magnetic led light bar that is powered off a separate battery, great for parades and car shows. Asking $8k obo. Title is clear and in my name. Robert in Charlotte NC
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Whoa man, what are you doing!?
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

I have already sold a couple things in the quest to simplify things in my life. I hate to let it go but sometimes you have to make concessions in life to keep the home life going in a positive way. I am asking $8k o b o so I am up for offers. I will get another project in the future.

I've seen this several times. Always a pleasure to look at and it's obviously been well cared for. I don't personally know Robert but I can say this is a really nice car. It shows well. I know the feeling on thinning the herd, I am doing the same. Fortunately I am not having issues with the "home life" but either way, I plan to get there.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am hoping someone from here will get it and I am willing to make a good deal on the price. I would rather have someone buy it and take care of it. Hate to let it go but once again sometimes you have to make choices in life. Heck make me a respectable offer and I will let it go. And then miss it when it's gone. Boogie

Dropping price to $7k. Hopefully someone on here will get it.

I also listed it on craigslist in Charlotte NC so you can see more pictures of the car

Car will be at Clinton Ford in Rock Hill SC tomorrow at a cobra mustang show. Might be the last show that I am in with the car. More than welcome to come and look at it and ask any questions. Its always easier when you are face to face with someone. Boogie

It amazes me how people want a "new" 38 year old for 7 grand. Wow

Sorry just a little frustrating selling this car. Will drop price to $6000 just to be done with it

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boogiestang View Post
    It amazes me how people want a "new" 38 year old for 7 grand. Wow
    Its a Buyer's Market right now. If you're asking over $5000, originality is the name of the game. Buyers can become extremely nit-picky when they are shelling out more than $5G's. "oh look at this, oh look at that." I make sure each and every car I sell is front-line ready before even placing the ad.

It's a nice looking car. The right buyer is out there if you wait long enough. Good luck!!

Patience is not one of my best virtues but you are right I must wait for the right buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    Its a Buyer's Market right now. If you're asking over $5000, originality is the name of the game. Buyers can become extremely nit-picky when they are shelling out more than $5G's. "oh look at this, oh look at that." I make sure each and every car I sell is front-line ready before even placing the ad.
    I am not commenting @Bryan, but commenting on the people he refers to. I happily send those people away who start the "oh look at this, oh look at that" routine. If someone wants a front line ready car for $5,000, I don't want them owning my car. Just a Front line ready paint job by itself (without including the cost of the car) cost $5,000 and that is assuming no rust or collision damage. And you haven't even bought the car yet. Or put a battery, tuneup, master cylinder, rotors, pads, drums, brake shoes, shocks, struts, tires, hoses, radiator, water pump, or done ANYTHING to the interior yet. They think this stuff all comes for free. I totally agree with Bryan...BUYERS are nuts these days.
    Last edited by homer302; 06-21-2017 at 05:58 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

If this car was in Michigan it would be setting in my garage.

FEP Senior Member

This is an awesome car for 6K, with all the right mods where they should be and all the originality were it should as well.... If I could bring it south of the border....

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am trying to be patient.

Do you think it could make the travel distance to Michigan?

I would have no problem driving the car that far. This thing is one of the most reliable older cars I have ever owned

How far is charlotte to Chesapeake Virginia.? I'll be in VA late July and I would be happy to drive it back to Michigan. Just pay for gas and toll, although it might be cheaper to have it delivered if the car gets 10mpg. My brother just had a car shipped from California to Detroit for $850. Might only be half that from NC.

I still have the car. Lots of people have looked at it but no sale. Like I said $6k is what I want for it and I am losing my tail on that price but that's how it goes in the big world sometimes.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boogiestang View Post
    I still have the car. Lots of people have looked at it but no sale. Like I said $6k is what I want for it and I am losing my tail on that price but that's how it goes in the big world sometimes.
    Try Hemmings.
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 06-30-2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason: * cough-cough * seriously try Hemmings.

Sold. Sold. Sold the pace car. Out of all the cars I have owned in my 52yrs I think this one was the hardest one to let go of. Funny how we humans get so attached to material things.

Hated to see that you needed to let it go but congratulations. Will it be staying locally?
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast