Close

Default Cfi fuel pump advice

I am resurrecting an 85 cfi car. It's been sitting 12 years. I am replacing tank and pump. I have blown out lines and cleaned TB and injectors.

My question is will the TB and return lines handle a walbro 190 ? It is a single pump car. I have the pump already.

Mods will happen pretty fast but want to get it running and passed smog before I install the 86 sefi harness.

Yes, it will work just fine. Bypass the frame mounted high pressure pump when you replace the in tank pump.

He says it is a single pump car. Personally I wouldn't put that pump in yet. I know you want to kill two birds with one stone but if the original pump still works I'd put that in and not set yourself up for potential problems. The factory regulator might not be able to handle that amount of flow.

Cale

I overlooked the single pump info. Regardless, the stock regulator has handled the higher flow pressure in my '84 just fine for at least 7 years now, 190 walbro and still CFI. No problems.

Thanks guys, my fear was that fpr and return in the tb wouldn't handle the extra fuel.
    Glad to hear it has worked in at least one car.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by slow84lx View Post
    I overlooked the single pump info. Regardless, the stock regulator has handled the higher flow pressure in my '84 just fine for at least 7 years now, 190 walbro and still CFI. No problems.
    what is the walbro part number for an 84?

I converted mine to single pump 2 summers back when I did dual exhaust conversion. I used an off brand fuel pump and I think its glitchy so I have been wanting to replace it with a walbro. Wasn't sure what the correct psi for a CFI car would be.

I dropped a rebuilt 5.0 engine in last summer. Fully stock, no hot rodding or extra horsepower involved. I just want a better than good quality pump. Not necessarily a hi flow pump.