Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New User

Yes, it's a Mark VII.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
    Did you end up getting that Mark VII rear end? I'm fairly certain they're like the SVO rear end and thus are wider than a "normal" Fox 8.8".

Doing a little googling... "- Lincoln Mark7 LSC, SVO Mustang and Fox Body Saleens use a rear axle that is 1.25" wider per side than the 87-93 Mustangs" and "Ted, 79-93 Mustangs use a 57 inch wide rear axle. 94-98 Mustangs use a 58.5 inch wide rear axle. 99 and newer Mustangs use a 59 7/8 inch wide rear axle. Lincoln Mark7 LSC, SVO Mustang and Fox Body Saleens use a 59.5 inch wide rear axle. Hope this helps."

That's a pretty significant difference, might make wheel selection tricky.

New User

[QUOTE=ZephyrEFI;1842861]Yeah, i had those same brakes on my rear, and those wheels will rub with them.[/QUOTE

Still using the axle or did you go a different route?

Quote Originally Posted by FX27 View Post
    Still using the axle or did you go a different route?
    I actually didn't know the SVO setup was wider than SN95 until recently. I used to have '01 Bullitts on mine and they rubbed. They are the same offset as your GT wheels. I think the same dimensions too.

I swapped to the SN95 setup because I wasn't happy with my pedal feel. I wanted a full matching set of brakes, so my car is all '94-95 V6/GT stuff now.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

New User

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    I actually didn't know the SVO setup was wider than SN95 until recently. I used to have '01 Bullitts on mine and they rubbed. They are the same offset as your GT wheels. I think the same dimensions too.

I swapped to the SN95 setup because I wasn't happy with my pedal feel. I wanted a full matching set of brakes, so my car is all '94-95 V6/GT stuff now.
    The Bullitts were on my list too. Are the pictures in your album with the SN95 axle?

The Bullitts were on my list too. Are the pictures in your album with the SN95 axle?
    I just went to the SN95 brakes this past summer. The pictures with in my album are with SVO brakes. You can see how high i had it sitting. That was to try to stop it from rubbing, haha. It rode like crap.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

New User

I just went to the SN95 brakes this past summer. The pictures with in my album are with SVO brakes. You can see how high i had it sitting. That was to try to stop it from rubbing, haha. It rode like crap.
    Do you have a list of the parts you used when swapping to the rear SN95 brakes?

Thanks

Do you have a list of the parts you used when swapping to the rear SN95 brakes?

Thanks
    I didn't make a list, but off the top of my head, it was new calipers/brackets, used caliper-to-axle brackets, used anti-moan brackets, used axle shafts, new rotors, new splash shields, new axle-mount Fox "disc brake swap" brake lines, and new hoses. I bought the calipers at Napa so i could easily give them my old (svo) ones as cores. The rotors, i think i got from Rock Auto. The splash shields, hoses and lines I got from LMR, the brackets I got on ebay, the axles i got used locally... LMR will be happy to sell you a brake swap kit, but gathering the stuff yourself is cheaper.

That just leaves the parking brake. I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with that yet. I've heard Town Car and Taurus ones bolt right on, and I've seen that it's not that bad to cut down your own Mustang ones to fit. Watch my build thread to see what I do, haha. It'll probably be soon. I did a decent job chronicling the brake swap too, but unfortunately I jumped around doing a bunch of other things at the same time.
    Last edited by ZephyrEFI; 04-28-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

New User

I didn't make a list, but off the top of my head, it was new calipers/brackets, used caliper-to-axle brackets, used anti-moan brackets, used axle shafts, new rotors, new splash shields, new axle-mount Fox "disc brake swap" brake lines, and new hoses. I bought the calipers at Napa so i could easily give them my old (svo) ones as cores. The rotors, i think i got from Rock Auto. The splash shields, hoses and lines I got from LMR, the brackets I got on ebay, the axles i got used locally... LMR will be happy to sell you a brake swap kit, but gathering the stuff yourself is cheaper.

That just leaves the parking brake. I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with that yet. I've heard Town Car and Taurus ones bolt right on, and I've seen that it's not that bad to cut down your own Mustang ones to fit. Watch my build thread to see what I do, haha. It'll probably be soon. I did a decent job chronicling the brake swap too, but unfortunately I jumped around doing a bunch of other things at the same time.

I checked out your build and have been there several times since joining FEP, always enjoyable.

New User

I appreciate all the posts, wheel/axle issue in particular, saved a lot of frustration.

Glad i can help! My build has been a lot of trial and error, and i always appreciate when others can steer me past a little of that!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

New User

Nothing new to report but I am working on getting it home. When I get it home it will need to stay garaged and I don't think I have enough space. The max I have is 192". Does anyone know what the overall length of a Futura is that has the bumper guards and how much space will I gain if I remove either of the bumpers or both?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12