Close

Threaded View

Default Fastlane's LTD LX Build

I have already posted some of the project in the LTD Section, but since this is a project, I thought this would be the best place
    this project.
    I picked up the LTD LX back in June of 2016. I have only ever seen (2) LTD LX's before and this is the second one. I am the 3rd
    owner of this LTD LX, and its been in AZ the whole time so it has no rust and still has the original paint.
    The car has just about 104k miles, but the engine needed to be rebuilt, it was using oil. Brakes were leaking, along with the
    transmission. None of this mattered since the plan is to replace all of that. I was in the process of converting an 89, 4 cly Mustang Coupe I picked up cheap, and did a trade for a totaled 89 5.0 Mustang convertible that had a great running engine with a 5 speed. I had already installed the 5.0 Engine into the 89 Coupe and it was running fine, but I still had to do the interior and body and paint and was really not looking forward to that work.
    Once I found the LTD LX, I stopped the work on the 4cly mustang and transferred the parts to the LTD LX.
    I originally planned on just transferring the stock 5.0 engine and transmission from the mustang to the LTD, but over the years I
    accumulated lots Cobra Mustang parts, so I decided to build the LTD LX using both 89 Mustang and Mustang Cobra Parts.
    Along with updating the Engine and suspension using Cobra Mustang Parts, will be the Interior, I will be updating the interior
    using an 89 Mustang Dash and wire harness. I would have liked using the original LTD LX Dash, but unfortunately the dash is sun
    damaged and it would be very hard to find a good replacement. Unless you have lots of cash to build a project, you use what you
    have available, and I had (3) 89 Mustang dashes, so it was an easy solution.

Last edited by Fastlane; 02-07-2017 at 08:41 AM.
    1985 Ford LTD LX
    1989 Mustang 5.0 Coupe
    1994 Ford F150 Lightning