Close

Default 83 GLX convertible questions

Hello all. Never realized there was this much love for the four eyed cars. As much as I prefer the 87-93 cars, I've found a 4 eye that I think is possibly worth my consideration.

It's an '83 GLX convertible with V8 and 5 speed. Only 85k miles, which while not low, isn't high. Car was well kept and very clean. White with black interior, A/C, premium sound. Autocheck says one owner, looks like it might actually be two, but the same owner for 20+ years.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5945636895.html

(Probably the most complete CL listing I've ever seen)

As you can see, the asking is price is $5500. Thoughts? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Looks like a nice car...but, being from where it is I would focus more on the under carriage than the shiny paint on the outside. If that looks good with no rust, then get the seat bottom fixed and enjoy. I would also look at the top to see it is in good shape.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Guessing your mind is already made up based on your screen name, LOL. That is far from my favorite color combination but man does it look super nice. Could be original paint looks like. Very, very complete and clean and looks like an outstanding starting point. I think his starting price is fair if everything he says checks out in person. As noted above, the floorpan is probably cracked under the driver's seat and that is normal and not considered anything to be worried about but it needs addressed ASAP. Make sure it is not rusty under there and I say if you like it, go for it.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

It's in good shape sure, but he is asking way too much imo. It's not like it's low KM's showroom condition, so the price is a bridge too far for me. I'd pay maybe 2500
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Thanks to all so far. Yeah, Homer, I was fairly smitten with the car the other day . Haven't had a chance to see it in person yet, but I appreciate the advice. It's been on and off CL and Autotrader. Last time it was listed around 7k I think, but that's too much. I feel $4500 might be reasonable if I can pull it off. Part of me also wants to wait and see if an 87-93 car comes up that I like too.

I do like the color combination, not a fan of the pin stripe . The wheels remind of wheels my folks had on an 84 E150 conversion van, which I like. I'll try to see it this week at some point, it's an hour from my house.

Did you end up buying it? That drivers side door molding looks to be off compared to the quarter and fender moldings. Might be nothing but something to look at. Overall looks like a decent car.