Default 1979 Pace Car: Testing the water

Name:  IMG_20161108_155121853.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  169.4 KBName:  IMG_20161108_155135792.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  159.5 KBName:  IMG_20161108_155217488.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  194.4 KB

I am testing the water to see what you all think it is worth. Up for your consideration is my '79 Pace Car with 64K miles. Original paint, stored inside. These pictures were taken in November before putting it away for the winter. Last summer I went through and had the clutch and carb rebuilt, new battery and new old stock TRX tires put on it. It has the usual options, 4 speed V8, no AC original radio with tape deck. I am considering selling it to buy a buddies sweet 86 GT. Any other questions to help determine the value feel free to ask.

Hows the interior in the car? I seen some 30K miles cars that have bad looking interiors and some high mile cars that the interior looks really nice.

[ATTACH]
    Here's a few I took today. I couldn't get much better pics because the car is in its winter home which is pretty much snowed in.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Indianapolis Jones; 02-17-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Please post a whole pic of the buck tag (in pic below) and the door tag. How many miles on the odometer? Does it have any of the following options? Thanks.

http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/pc/options.html

Name:  IMG_20170217_133417669.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  224.8 KB
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I will get those pics taken this weekend. It doesn't have A/C, has the AM/FM/Tape Deck, and has the rear wiper. Anything else you'd like to see or know?

The VIN decoder says it was the 1520th 1979 Pace Car scheduled for production at the Dearborn Assembly plant.

With just a few pics and a verbal description it is really hard to value a car anywhere near close to accurate. It's your car and you are the only one here that has personally seen it. The real question that needs to be answered is this:

"What do YOU value your car at"?

With an answer to that question you might get some realistic help from other members here on the board to help YOU determine if YOUR valuation of YOUR car is High, Low or Market Correct at this time and based upon your location in the USA!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 02-17-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

A former member had a 12k mi car that was in better condition (not to say yours is in poor condition) sold it on ebay i believe for $14,500 about a year ago. Maybe a little bit more than a year ago. He had gone through and cleaned up and taken care of many of the age related items without restoring the car. For example he cleaned up the air cleaner, belt tensioner, alternator and the top of the struts. My thoughts are that it represented the top of the market for a nice used PC.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

I want to get what the car is worth. I want to be realistic, but I also don't want to get screwed. I looked elsewhere, and Hagerty says the value is between $23,100 and $6300. https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuati...in=9F03F481520 . I know it is no where near the "Concours" condition, but I think it is better than fair bordering on good. It has not been restored, the paint is original 38 year old paint, which is in pretty good condition for its age. I will be posting it for sale once the weather warms up and the snow up here in MA melts and I can take more pics.