Close

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Default PHOTOS! The Four-Eye Game - 2016 Version

New Year, new game. Do I need to make any changes or clarifications to the rules? I think we did pretty good straightening out any confusion during previous games. If additional changes and/or clarifications are needed, speak up, and I'll see what I can do.

This game was originally started by "Mustang Kid" aka Sam, and I'm starting this new thread for the 2016 game version. I would like to see all Four-Eyes playing the game. During the 2014 game version, I replaced "Mustang" with "Four-Eye" and if I missed one somewhere, please let me know. I think all Four-Eyes should have a chance to play the game, don't you?

"We start by picking a place in front of which you take a picture of your Four-Eye. Let's say a bowling alley, for example...The first person to take a picture of their Four-Eye in front of a weird bowling alley sign or a bowling alley "wins" the challenge and the right to pick the next place (challenge). It has to be something "reasonable." I won't be able to "get a picture of your Four-Eye at the beach" out here in Idaho, but I can get a picture of my Four-Eye near a lake, pond, stream, or other body of water. See what I mean? If nobody gets the picture within a week of the original challenge posting date, the person who picked it can choose to continue the current challenge, OR can choose to pick something else instead."

DEFINITION OF ELIGIBLE VEHICLES:
    To prevent further confusion AND to entice more players, I amended the rules regarding eligible vehicles. If your vehicle meets the tenets of this website, you are eligible to play and are welcome to and encouraged to join this game. My intention for this game is to include every member's vehicle that is eligible for membership on this site.

RULES:
    1. If a picture is being disputed whether it should qualify or not, it needs three (3) votes (by any forum members participating) to be accepted.

2. All pictures have to be taken while out of the car, no driving by. You must have a sign that has your username on it too.

3. No action shots, illegal activities or items, duplicate challenges, or pics from in your car. You really have to go, stop, get out, take the picture, and post it.

4. If challenge has not been completed within one (1) week, the person who picked it has to pick a new challenge.

5. Make sure you put the current challenge above or below the picture so I can stay up-to-date for those just joining the game.

5A. If you're just joining the Game, PLEASE READ THE RULES! If you're still uncertain about something, PM me or post a question. I'll provide an answer or make changes as needed. If I have questions about your questions, please follow-up with me. I want to make this game fun and enjoyable for everyone who wants to play.

6. Be funny. Be creative. Pictures of Four-Eyes in front of interesting things, or stuff you don't see every day are always welcome.

7. Pictures have to be taken AFTER the challenge and CANNOT be old photos. No Photoshopping!

8. No Four Eyes will be harmed in the taking of your picture!

The intention of this thread is to have fun and get people out enjoying their cars while most of the country has decent weather. So let's keep it fun and safe!"

Have Fun!!

-------------------------------------------------
    Locations/Winners

• Your Four-Eye at or near a body of water; a lake, an ocean, a swimming pool, a fishing pond, etc. - Haystack
    • Your Four-Eye at an auto parts store. - Foxy Capri
    • Your Four-Eye in a picture with some snow in the background. - Mentok
    • Your Four-Eye in front of a Chevy, Holden, or other non-Ford dealership. - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye with any live animal (not human) - 84StangSVT
    • Your Four-Eye with the front seats filled with people! - 83gt351w
    • Your Four-Eye with someone in the picture, working on the car. Can be anyone. - PaceFever79
    • Your name on the license plate with parking lights on. - 83gt351w
    • Your Four-Eye with your country, or state flag in the background. - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye at any restaurant with a drive-thru window. Bonus if you're actually at the window and have a restaurant employee holding your username sign. If your car is still winter bound, or otherwise not drivable, then a picture of takeout food on your Four-Eye. - 83gt351w
    • The classic legs hanging out from under your Four-Eye. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye at the gas pump filling her up! - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye at a "bowl"ing alley. Garage bound? A bowling ball, pin, or trophy with your Four-Eye will do. - mmb617
    • Your Four-Eye with an award from something not car related. - 4-barrel Mike
    • Your Four-Eye with two or more wheels off the ground (on jack stands, on a lift, in the driveway temporarily jacked up, etc.) showing something obviously "Ford Motorsport." - mmb617
    • Your Four-Eye with something that will make us think of summer. - BlackMamba
    • Your Four-Eye in front of your favorite pizza joint, or with a pizza box on or near your Four-Eye. - PaceFever79
    • Your Four-Eye's OE stereo illuminated (lights on). - BlackMamba
    • Your Four-Eye in front of your favorite coffee place. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye with your Valentine. - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye at a race track, with a race car, or with some sort of auto racing memorabilia. - Haystack
    • Your Four-Eye near a wooden post. - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye at a tire store. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye with a miniature, die cast, model, Hot Wheel, etc., on the hood of your Fox. - STANGMAN116
    • Your Four-Eye next to a park, with the parks name visible. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye with some yummy Girl Scout treats, or a pic at your local GS cookie booth. - STANGMAN116
    • Your Four-Eye with some potential "mocked up" upgrades. - 83gt351w
    • Your Four-Eye in a selfie picture - 84StangSVT
    • Your Four-Eye playing odometer poker - mmb617
    • Your Four-Eye at your favorite tool vendor, be it the flea market, the Snap-On truck or somewhere in between - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye at a car wash. If you prefer to wash your car at home (like I do) a picture of your car with hose, bucket and/or other washing materials - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye with your favorite or least favorite yard tool being a mower and weed whacker, shovel or whatever that we all look forward to using for maintaining our yards - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye next to some spring flowers. Or some flowers next to your four eye - *tie* sowaxeman and HCBERICH
      • *Dual challenge due to the tie, winner must complete both parts* Your Four-Eye with some piece of musical memorabilia from the year of your car. (concert shirt, or ticket stub would trump all others) could be an album cover, cassette, etc. but it must be from the year of your car. And n front of a Hooters, Tilted Kilt or Twin Peaks (or similar regional style joint)....with a waitress or hostess holding your sign. - E2ZZGLX

• Your Four-Eye pictured with its direct competitor...Mustang/Capri with Camaro/Firebird...T-bird/Cougar with Regal/Grand Prix...etc. - 84T-Top
    • Your Four-Eye with You and your family or friend with you four eye on front of a major shopping center, one known nation wide ie...Walmart, Sam's Club, Lowe's, Home Depot. And you have to be in the picture with the other person/people. - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye in front of a women's clothing store. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four Eye at or next a memorial of some type and tell us a little bit about it. - 84T-Top
    • Your Four-Eye getting a bath. - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye at an IHOP. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye with a "Little Red Corvette" and let's keep it of the 4 wheeled kind - JTurbo
    • Your Four-Eye with you holding you favorite Donut. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye next to a Big Rig/18 wheeler and it MUST be a Peterbuilt. - 84T-Top
    • Your Four-Eye with some storm clouds behind it. - 84StangSVT
    • Your Four-Eye at a store that sells musical instruments such as guitars, drums, band instruments, etc. Record or music stores do not count. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye with some REAL military hardware...being a plane,tank,ship,howetizer,etc...the bigger the better! - STANGMAN116
    • Your Four-Eye in front of your favorite watering hole (bar,lemonade stand etc). - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye at an Animal Rescue shelter or Humane Society. - 84StangSVT
    • Your Four-Eye at an amusement park, water park or even a OUTDOOR game center that has putt putt golf, go carts and what not! This can be a large one such as Six Flags or the local small venues. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye at your favorite ice cream shop... Baskin Robbins,Abbots,DQ etc. - 84StangSVT
    • Your Four-Eye at the swimming hole! Water park, local pool or the beach! - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye at your local Firehouse and your Fox with a BIG RED fire truck! - STANGMAN116
    • Your Four-Eye in front of a sporting goods store, any will work!!! (dicks sporting goods, big 5, cabelas, bass pro etc.) - 84StangSVT
    • Your Four-Eye at a place your father would love to hang out or frequent (not at home though). Would like to see (if possible) a photo of your father or your father by your user sign and a short story on why he would like to frequent this spot. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye under a bridge or in a tunnel! - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye at a hotel or motel. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye at your favorite burger joint. - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye in front of a courthouse. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye at a drive-in theater, (operational, abandoned or whatever is left of it. Tell us the history about it, if you can). - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye with an ice cream truck. Bonus if you get the ice cream man to hold your sign. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye with a "II" and tell us a little about it. - Winner's username
    • Your Four-Eye, plain and simple. CANNOT have won a challenge this year. WIP is a bonus. - Mavereq
    • Your Four-Eye in front of a police station. - DougTx
    • Your Four-Eye with a non-running rusty hulk (car, tractor, farm equip, etc.). - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye with a picture of your Fox Body. - 70b302cat
    • Your Four-Eye at the Oculist's office. - E2ZZGLX
    • Your Four-Eye parked in front of a bank. - STANGMAN116
    • Your Four-Eye with some type of football memorabilia (shirt, card, poster, etc.). - dtmilsap
    • Your Four-Eye with some type of college memorabilia. - HCBERICH
    • Your Four-Eye with a different body style Mustang 64-78 or 94-2016. - cb650
    • Your Four-Eye by a pumpkin patch. - Challenge not met.
    • Your Four-Eye... - Winner's username
    Last edited by IDMooseMan; 12-17-2016 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Added winner's username and next challenge
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

I'm ready to defend my title!

I'm gonna give Doug a run this year and make him sweat for the title
    Wait! ......I just gotta find my horseshoes first!
    Attachment 95088
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

I'm in this year providing the Firefox doesn't deal me any fits. We're ready to go down here in south central TX.

If you Southerners want to get started, I have no objections. My truck is still in the shop and is eating ~$1900 of my Mustang Project funds. I may or may not be able to play this year, but I'm getting closer. With Mom's passing last month, I'm able to use her estate funds to fix my truck. I'm hoping to put some of those funds towards the Mustang, too.

Even though Mom is gone, she is still helping me more than she knows. Miss you much, Mom, and "Thank You" for the help.
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    Build Thread

I drive my car year round. I'd be willing to participate if anyone else wanted to play.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Go for it, Haystack. Since this is the first challenge of the new year, I'll throw one out there for you. Seeing as how you're one of the "lucky" ones who can drive their Four-Eye all year long, how about this for a challenge?

Take a picture of your Four-Eye at or near a body of water; a lake, an ocean, a swimming pool, a fishing pond, etc. Read and understand the rules. We need to clearly see your sign, with your username on it, in the picture, too.

Let the games begin. Have fun everyone. Take a look through last year's game to see what some of the challenges that were completed, and you'll also be able to see how the photos/signs were done. If we don't see a username sign, the submission is invalid. The only time we need three votes is if there is a dispute about the entries, otherwise, the winner is the member with the first valid submission.

This is a "Fun" thing to do. There are no sponsors. There are no prizes. Only the joy of being outside, driving your Four-Eye, and showing off locations near you and your home. Be safe. Be nice. Be polite.

Edit:
    To make it easier to find and review, here is last year's game link.
    Last edited by IDMooseMan; 01-23-2016 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Added last year's game link
    Build Thread

Didn't see this till after work, but I got a picture planned. Challenge accepted.
    1 1987 cougar

Go for it. Would love to see this game run all year. If you have any questions, let me know. We "Northerners" have to contend with snow, ice, and the Transportation Department's use of salt and whatever else they have to clear the roads of snow and ice.
    Build Thread

Guys, I'm keen to 'have a go' at this and shall seek out a nice local place for a photo shot, bearing in mind that we are in our summer months here downunder!
    aka Terry M Walsh
    Downunder in Melbourne, Australia

1981 Mercury Capri, 'White' Black Magic, 200-2V/C4
    1983 Ford Capri, 2.8i, 5-spd

Terry, aren't you "always" in your summer months there downunder?
    Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IDMooseMan View Post
    Go for it. Would love to see this game run all year. If you have any questions, let me know. We "Northerners" have to contend with snow, ice, and the Transportation Department's use of salt and whatever else they have to clear the roads of snow and ice.
    Yup....mines mothballed and currently undergoing surgery. I figure the weather and roads will not be good up here until at least April. Hopefully sooner though.
    Brock

If the car is already rusty and full of bondo, driving in snow isn't that big of a deal.
    1 1987 cougar

We have our first winner! Congratulations to Haystack.

Now, as the winner of the current game, you have the privilege of presenting the next challenge. What say you?
    Build Thread

I'll do an easy one, an auto parts store. Just wanna keep this going.
    1 1987 cougar

That's the spirit. Challenges can be more "interesting" as the weather warms up and more members start playing. Post #1 has been updated.
    Build Thread

Dang! I'm already behind!!!

Craig, where I live about 25 miles out of Melbourne, we average 25 inches of rain per year. We certainly don't get any snow here, you'd have to go 150 miles up into the high country for that. Generally, we do have pretty good and stable weather though, currently on Australia Day here, 26th January, it's 84F or 28C. I'll sink a few Buds when the family arrives for dinner! Cheers from Downunder. Now back to the 'game'!
    aka Terry M Walsh

Default The Four-Eye Game - 2016

Ok, here's my entry, the local Super Cheap Auto shop in Narre Warren, Victoria, Australia.

Name:  SuperCheapAuto.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  173.5 KB
    aka Terry M Walsh

Looks like a winner to me.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Quote Originally Posted by DougTx View Post
    Dang! I'm already behind!!!
    And getting farther behind by the day! Already two winners...looks to be you need to tighten up!
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Capri View Post
    Ok, here's my entry, the local Super Cheap Auto shop in Narre Warren, Victoria, Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    Looks like a winner to me.
    Looks good to me! Nice Capri also!
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    And getting farther behind by the day! Already two winners...looks to be you need to tighten up!
    Definitely looks like I have some competition! It's gonna be in the 70's this weekend...perfect vert weather. Bring on the next challenge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DougTx View Post
    Definitely looks like I have some competition! It's gonna be in the 70's this weekend...perfect vert weather. Bring on the next challenge!!!
    The more competition we get this year the better! Hopefully it will be a good year for the game and I can't wait for spring!
    Brock

Ok, thanks guys. We don't get snow here so what about a pic with some snow in it before your seasons change. It could be on a far distant mountain if ya don't want to get too close, so I'll understand. I'll sit back and watch.
    aka Terry M Walsh

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast