Close

Default 83 GT vert Manitoba Canada

Relatively new here and to forums in general. Love the site nice connecting w fellow enthusiasts. Had a number of foxs over the years. 79 cobra long gone miss the most. Love love my 83 just acquired last year. I believe to be one of the 'Canadian' vert gt. Door tag gone marti report on list as funds permit. Car was sold locally here in mb so I was told. I'm 3 Rd owner car was really not driven much since '02. Runs out strong. Just hit 80,000 km, t5, zero options aside from light group. Bone stock all original (except radio) I have correct TRX planning to just enjoy and hopefully hit a few local cruises here. Any other fellow fox fans close by? Figured better introduce myself and again great site!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

FEP Supporter

Pictures taken yesterday? Kidding! Welcome to the site from Alberta!

It looks similar to another Canadian ones in this thread: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...hlight=83+vert
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 02-02-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Nice car! Looks just like my 84 that I added a 83 GT hood to. Fun cars for sure and that's a rare one too!

Attachment 108999
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

I see lower bodyside protection option code on the buck tag and if TRX wheels are original that is another option. I don't see the light group on the buck tag but the tag where the code would be is cut off in the pic.

On convertibles the "door tag" is not actually on the door, it is on the door jamb.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Welcome my fellow 83 GT Verter - I knew there was one floating around the Winnipeg area, we have been looking for it for a long time. So happy you found it.
    Send me your info in a pm and I'll get you in touch with Tom Wade for the 83 GT Vert registry. From you vin, your car is going to have been built on 17th or 18th of May 83 (A few days before mine)

You will want to order an Elite Marti Report, as the deluxe won't verify you are one of the 8 (As confirmed by Tom Wade of the 1983 Mustang Gt Convertible Registry)

Name:  DSC_0030.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  93.6 KB
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

I show build date on this car of June 01, 1983 and indeed a "Canada" car.

It needs to be noted and corrected that there were actually 24 cars built for Canada not 8 as Tom Wade originally reported. Tom and I worked together to get the VIN databases sorted out a few years back. I have lost touch with Tom so if anyone has his contact information, please PM me. Thanks!

Cars are rarely ever built in order by the last six of the VIN. They are built in order by the "rotation number" on the buck tag and on the build sheet, both of which are different and for different lines at the assembly plant. The rotation number on the buck tag is for the paint and body line and the rotation number on the build sheet is for the trim and chassis line.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Now thats what I call a nice find and very rare...sweet welcome to the 83 GT owners guild..
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

I was told mine was the 8th of the 8 Canadian by Tom within a month, with his info maybe you guys can decode it for us owners once and for all pony
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Were 24 really sent to Canada? So 24 out of 993?? I remember years ago, there was a no-option 1E '83 GT convertible on ebay, by the original owner in the Sacramento area. Silver/Black/Black, original California blue plates starting with '1HWY...' I'd pay a Kings Ransom to find that car today!! Its worth noting, most '83GT convertibles had Cruise and Air.

My GT Convertible is a basically a no options car. No AC, No cruise, No TRX wheels (has standard GT wheels). Most cars are loaded with options and are red, black or white (most).

There are 24 cars that were produced for Canada. We now have information on 8 of the 24 in the registry. It was originally thought that there were only 8 total. The original VIN list(s) have been placed into excel spreadsheets and are now more easily sorted. There were/are multiple VIN lists that Tom Wade acquired from Ford. We have successfully "linked" them through various sorting options to better understand how many cars were produced. I am working to sort all the data based on exterior/interior codes to get an accurate count of each combination that was produced.
    Last edited by PONYRYD; 02-03-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Wow, nice car. I'm in Moose Jaw. If you are ever driving across the prairies, stop in for a coffee!

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
    Present cars:
    1984 GT turbo t-tops

Wish list:
    1984 Predator
    Capri ASC McLaren Coupe
    1980 Cobra 4 spd
    1979 Pace Car
    (In order of Preference as well)

I now have 40 in my database, from owners that have posted here or other forums, or that I have found on autotrader, ebay, etc. I have door tags, buck tags, owner cards, and window stickers for some of them, but surprisingly no build sheets.

EDIT: I meant 40 1983 GT convertibles, not 40 1983 GT convertibles from Canada. I only have 2 from Canada in the database.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 02-09-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder