Close

Default My '83 Mustang L t-top coupe

I figured I'd start a thread on my 83. She's a pretty special car, imo. She is a no option t-top coupe. No A/C, no radio, no center console. She's lived most of her life as a 4 cylinder, but was converted to V8 and 5 lug by the owner before me. After taking ownership, I discovered the motor that was in her had low oil pressure. The previous owner was gracious enough to help with the expense of another motor. Long story short, I was able to purchase a 306 that once powered a 92 SSP coupe that I sold about 5 years ago. This motor has a main girdle, twisted wedge heads, b cam, 1.72 roller rockers, professional products "performer rpm" intake, Edelbrock 600 carb, 1-7/8 BBK long tubes, BBK off-road h-pipe, Pypes Violator cat-back. I am using a Ford TFI distributor with Daytona Sensors TCS-1 timing controller. She is now a 5 speed and atm I'm fitting my 2016 Mustang GT Performance Package wheels on her. The rears are already on, but I'll need shorter tires for the front. The plan is to lower her a bit to get a little rear tire tuck. Should look nice!
    Anyway, below are some pics and a video. Hope you guys enjoy and I'll post updates as I work on her.

The day I picked her up.

Her old heart coming out.

New heart going in.

Installed.

Programming the TCS-1.

'16 GT PP wheels on the rear ( how she currently sits).

Short video.
    https://youtu.be/kUWjlud32yo

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

Nice! Of course the fact that it has T tops means it is not in fact a No option car. And I see it has the wood grain dash panels and the high back hounds tooth seats. It looks like it might have been a GLX actually. At any rate, that is a sweet ride. I like it. I bet it's a lot of fun to take out and go for a cruise. Thanks for sharing. Coupes are what I always liked and back then nobody wanted a coupe. It's a neat ride
    Last edited by homer302; 01-29-2017 at 08:30 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

It is a L model. That is the only model that high-back seats were available in.

This car actually came with 10 options. All are on your Marti report.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Nice! Of course the fact that it has T tops means it is not in fact a No option car. And I see it has the wood grain dash panels and the high back hounds tooth seats. It looks like it might have been a GLX actually. At any rate, that is a sweet ride. I like it. I bet it's a lot of fun to take out and go for a cruise. Thanks for sharing. Coupes are what I always liked and back then nobody wanted a coupe. It's a neat ride
    Thanks! You're correct, the only option is the t-tops. I meant no other options lol. According to member FoxChassis' decoding, it is indeed an L model. I've given him the VIN, Marti report and build sheet. One of the previous owners had actually come on the forums to get more info on the car. She is a very cool car. I haven't had the opportunity to experience much with her, as I haven't registered her yet due to the motor swap and other various things she's needed. I have taken her around my neighborhood and she's a nasty girl with this motor lol. My plan is to enter her into her first show in March. She won't be perfect, but she's very unique. Maybe she'll pick up a trophy.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Nice coupe! Does the sn95 axle or fox lengh rear end? the 2016 wheel are nice !
    89 black gt
    80 chamois inline 3.3 project
    66 nightmist blue gt 4 speed

Quote Originally Posted by pre89street View Post
    Nice coupe! Does the sn95 axle or fox lengh rear end? the 2016 wheel are nice !
    Thanks! The rear is stock fox length.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Whata nice car, that one is right in my list of cars to own. Can't wait to see it out there, she will certainly stand out in a crowd. Get ready to talk about this car every time you go for a cruise cause a lot of eyes will be checking her out.
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTRAG View Post
    Whata nice car, that one is right in my list of cars to own. Can't wait to see it out there, she will certainly stand out in a crowd. Get ready to talk about this car every time you go for a cruise cause a lot of eyes will be checking her out.
    Thanks! The plan is to turn her into a street/show car to enjoy on nice sunny days. I don't mind talking cars, so I'm ready!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

What a nice t-top! Someday I'll get a V8 in mine.

Your car gives me hope for mine, it seems like I have a long way to go at times.

would you mind posting more pictures of your interior, that include maybe one of your package tray?

post a video of it running, I would love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    What a nice t-top! Someday I'll get a V8 in mine.

Your car gives me hope for mine, it seems like I have a long way to go at times.

would you mind posting more pictures of your interior, that include maybe one of your package tray?

post a video of it running, I would love to hear it.
    I'll have to take some good shots of the interior. There is a video in my original post.
    Thanks for the compliment! Good thing with this car is I can take my time. I don't have to be in a hurry, although sometimes I find myself doing just that.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Still need to reinstall the shifter boot and trim. The gauges you see are temporary until I can afford the Dakota Digital gauge setup.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post

Still need to reinstall the shifter boot and trim. The gauges you see are temporary until I can afford the Dakota Digital gauge setup.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    VERY nice brother!

VERY nice brother!
    Thanks! She'll get there.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Did a thing today. New LMR pedal pads!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Nice, there's another item on my checklist. Are you going to get the gas pedal as well?

Nice, there's another item on my checklist. Are you going to get the gas pedal as well?
    Nah, gonna use the existing pedal. I don't mind the thinner Auto pedal (car was converted to 5 speed). I bought the other two pads cause they were missing.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

That's one thing i've been finding about mine that really is a kick is the little stuff. Big stuff is sweet too, don't get me wrong.

That's one thing i've been finding about mine that really is a kick is the little stuff. Big stuff is sweet too, don't get me wrong.
    Oh yeah, little stuff makes a big difference.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Haven't updated in awhile. Been having a hard time getting the carb adjusted, so it's going away. Bringing her into the 21st century!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Nice!

Cool Fox!

T Top Coupe.....
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s-FOXOTE-(formerly...HERFOX)

FEP Ride of the Month January 2014.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Her5.0 View Post
    Cool Fox!

T Top Coupe.....
    Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0