Close

Default Voltage regulator behind instrument cluster

Can someone tell me how to get the 2 round things that mounts the circuit board to the voltage regulator off. My cluster went haywire. So I ordered new regulator but dont want to break my circuit board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a while since I've done one, but I think they just pop off like a 9V battery.

Ok. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did this part change go for you? My gauges have been pegging high. Could this also be a regulator? And where did you get the regulator?

Shag

If the Temp, Oil, and Fuel gauges ALL are pegging, then that's likely to be the regulator. If even one
    of them still behaves normally, then it's not.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Mine will actually sometimes almost peg high but U have also seen them dip on the low side. Now where does one get one of these things?
    Shag

never mind, i found them. LMR, American Muscle, and CJ Pony Parts all have them. I was hoping the big three might have some semi-locally but I quickly learned that I was the smartest person in the building when I walked in. And that's not saying much....

Shag

Quote Originally Posted by shagmail View Post
    never mind, i found them. LMR, American Muscle, and CJ Pony Parts all have them. I was hoping the big three might have some semi-locally but I quickly learned that I was the smartest person in the building when I walked in. And that's not saying much....

Shag
    Yep, I have generally found that ain't a good sign when you walk into parts store.