Close

FEP Senior Member

Default 1985 Mustang LX 5.0, Regatta Blue, NO OPTIONS with 37K miles

Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

FEP Supporter

No wing; Interesting.

No 5.0 badges; WTF
    '85 GT

No wing is correct for an '85. 5.0 badges should be there. I love this car, as I used to have a LX 5.0 hatch, in the mid 90's. Really confused the MCA judges, who did not think the car was real.

ya, that car is very nice!!

That is pretty unique! I love this statement: "What makes it unique is that it was ordered as a muscle car. The 5.0 performance engine and stick shift in the lighter weight LX body with no options!"

The only difference between LX and GT would be the rear spoiler and fog lights....can't imagine that being more than 20-25 lbs, if that?
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Nice car, I like it..... even though it might be more accurately, and simply, described as a low-option car.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    Nice car, I like it..... even though it might be more accurately, and simply, described as a low-option car.
    Hmmm....I can think of another medium blue car that would look good sitting next to I'm going to Chicago next week for work and may be able to squeeze in some time to inspect this car if anyone is thinking of pulling the trigger.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    That is pretty unique! I love this statement: "What makes it unique is that it was ordered as a muscle car. The 5.0 performance engine and stick shift in the lighter weight LX body with no options!"

The only difference between LX and GT would be the rear spoiler and fog lights....can't imagine that being more than 20-25 lbs, if that?
    Yeah, I think he has his history confused. The '87-'93 LX was almost 200LBS lighter than the GT due to all the fake plastic ground effects and pointless scoops. As you pointed out, the difference in 1985 was no where near that much. Though the sport seats in the GT also were probably heavier than the low back standard buckets too.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by flyintiger View Post
    No wing is correct for an '85. 5.0 badges should be there. I love this car, as I used to have a LX 5.0 hatch, in the mid 90's. Really confused the MCA judges, who did not think the car was real.
    I am (honestly) not sure what you mean by the 5.0 badges "should" be there. I mean, the Ford specs for this car would call for them to be installed yes. BUT, the period pictures appear to show the car without them and I certainly believe the assembly line workers got confused and they were never installed. It happened. A LOT. Thunderbirds with Cougar steering wheel centers etc.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Maybe the original owner pulled the 5.0 badges off when it was new to keep it a sleeper on the street !
    Last edited by airplanedriver; 02-01-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by airplanedriver View Post
    Maybe the original owner pulled the 5.0 badges off when it was new to keep it a sleeper on the street !
    Maybe they kept the badges with the original stereo and shifter.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Did anybody look at this car? The ad has been taken down. I had made a very reasonable offer on the car when it was for sale but they were looking for a little too much in my opinion. I was just contacted by the owner and they have come around a bit. If nobody has actually seen it, is there anybody in the Chicago area that would consider checking it out for me. I would gladly pay you for your time. I am waiting to hear back about the exact town/ city.
    Last edited by HCBERICH; 03-02-2017 at 07:37 AM. Reason: grammar

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    Did anybody look at this car? The ad has been taken down. I had made a very reasonable offer on the car when it was for sale but they were looking for a little too much in my opinion. I was just contacted by the owner and they have come around a bit. If nobody has actually seen it, is there anybody in the Chicago area that would consider checking it out for me. I would gladly pay you for your time. I am waiting to hear back about the exact town/ city.
    Man I was just there last week....wish you would have emailed or messaged me, I probably could have squeezed it in.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

There was somebody who almost bought it that went and looked at it here on the forum. Cannot find the thread he was posting about it in.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Axe
    I decided to pass on that car after a little research. Then I ended up buying those Saleens from Seth down in Houston.
    Harry
    85 GT T-Top w/18K miles
    85 Saleen 85-131
    86 Saleen 86-018

FEP Senior Member

I had something like this a few years ago and would like to have something like this again. Would have to sell my Saleen coupe for it though. Exactly what I like. The person that put the 33000 mileson the car must have really used it by all of the info.

Junky
    That's a great idea.....I will take that coupe off your hands!
    Harry
    85 GT T-Top w/18K miles
    85 Saleen 85-131
    86 Saleen 86-018

FEP Senior Member

For sale again on CL for $10K OBO.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/6028753343.html
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Looks almost as good as mine!

Got it free and came with a real Saleen body kit. I didn't like the nose piece. Ran like a champ. Took almost a year to sell for 500. Didn't have a rear spoiler, my buddy added 1 and never told me he didn't install nuts. During hurricane Isabel the rear spoiler flew off.
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38