Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Lightbulb I think I may've found who has this car . . .

Quote Originally Posted by biz jet tech View Post
    https://carscoms.com/1985-ford-mustang-gt-9594.html

If that is the car in the link above, there is a phone number in the ad - not sure how old this is though....hope it helps you

You have a keen eye and it looks at the very least like the seller is using a photo of that same GT in his ad.

However - it gets more interesting . . .

I searched the phone # in the ad you linked to - it comes back to a FourEyedPride member: mikes85gt

mikes85gt is also in Huntsville AL and has the same exact phone # - it's in his post at this FEP for sale thread:
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...original-miles

FEP member Mike T. might be able to call mikes85gt and see if he still has the car or knows its whereabouts!
    #1) 1985 Mercury Capri 5.0L 4V 5-Speed T-Roof Motorsport Grand Prix IV
    #2) 1985 Mercury Capri 5.0L 4V 5-Speed T-Roof

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by MERCURY MOTORSPORT View Post
    You have a keen eye and it looks at the very least like the seller is using a photo of that same GT in his ad.

However - it gets more interesting . . .

I searched the phone # in the ad you linked to - it comes back to a FourEyedPride member: mikes85gt

mikes85gt is also in Huntsville AL and has the same exact phone # - it's in his post at this FEP for sale thread:
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...original-miles

FEP member Mike T. might be able to call mikes85gt and see if he still has the car or knows its whereabouts!
    That is funny....I know mikes85gt....I bought an 86 LX coupe from him a while back and just recently communicated with him.
    As far as I know, he does not have that particular car.

Quote Originally Posted by biz jet tech View Post
    That is funny....I know mikes85gt....I bought an 86 LX coupe from him a while back and just recently communicated with him.
    As far as I know, he does not have that particular car.
    And here I went ahead and tried PMing "Mike T" - hoping that I may've found who has his old car that he's been looking for! Oops

I guess the ad on carsdot.com is a scam, a clone-ad of an older classified? The name Mike and 256 527 1844 is plainly listed in the ad and it appears the maroon/burgundy GT is shown & described.

It appears to be the same car, and at the bottom of the ad, the owner is listed as Mike - with the same 256 527 1844 phone # that "mikes85gt" has publicly posted on FEP.

Oh well I guess I'm done playing detective, maybe someone else can figure it out.

And here I went ahead and tried PMing "Mike T" - hoping that I may've found who has his old car that he's been looking for! Oops

I guess the ad on carsdot.com is a scam, a clone-ad of an older classified? The name Mike and 256 527 1844 is plainly listed in the ad and it appears the maroon/burgundy GT is shown & described.

It appears to be the same car, and at the bottom of the ad, the owner is listed as Mike - with the same 256 527 1844 phone # that "mikes85gt" has publicly posted on FEP.

Oh well I guess I'm done playing detective, maybe someone else can figure it out.
    Turns out Mike (mikes85gt) did indeed own that car (the ad, pics & phone number were correct) in May 2017 but he sold it.
    That may help him (mike T) figure out where its at now

Hmm well then I do hope this guy Mike T might track down this car afterall. Over the years I've tried to help a few people locate an old car of theirs, mosty locals. I guess I kind of know what it's like though, I'm still haunted by a 1973 Mach 1 Mustang that I lost to storage fees at a towing yard and wish I had it back. Thanks to a destroyed economy and replacement migration and the factory closing - my 'ol Dad had to sell off all of his prized cars & trucks when us kids were growing up. Some of them still really bother him too. I guess I like to see someone reunited with something they once loved/valued/treasured. Ok end of rant . . .

Lee,

Thanks.........that ad was legit but like bizjettech says it was from 2017
    mikes85gt was the owner from Alabam and I'm pretty sure he is the guy that had it listed / I think sold it off of E-Bay

There is a guy here Classic Muscle here on the site that bought the car in June of 2017 and actually contacted me.....wanting info. I replied back to him multiple times and he never responded. He actually had a post - see below

New Member & Recent Purchaser of 1985 GT
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...76#post1849676

That's the last I've been able to find...........his few posts in June 20017 and then nothing
    He hasn't posted anything since that I can find

Now I'm going on the hunt for another one of the 85's I had - sold it to twinvipers from the site years back.........it was also a killer 85 GT, probably around 50K now. It's last sold / known area was Raleigh, NC Dealership Fast Cash for Cars / Jeff Keisner Collection

Maybe I'll have better luck finding that one - who knows, I'll probably find both at once.

Name:  85 GT Conv 2 001.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  393.3 KB

Thanks for the help........
    Mike

Just an update - the owner of the Canyon Red 85 GT that I'd owned saw my post and sent me a pM
    He doesn't sign on to the site very often and just saw it.........

I replied back - hope he see's that and gave him my e-mail info
    Step 1 down - at least I've made contcat

**** He likes the car !!!

Mike - I'm the guy you sold the car to originally 18+ years ago - I've been sending messages back and forth with the new owner who lives in FL - I mentioned you were also on this site and your username.

Michael Z

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T. View Post
    Just an update - the owner of the Canyon Red 85 GT that I'd owned saw my post and sent me a pM
    He doesn't sign on to the site very often and just saw it.........

I replied back - hope he see's that and gave him my e-mail info
    Step 1 down - at least I've made contcat

**** He likes the car !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael-z View Post
    Mike - I'm the guy you sold the car to originally 18+ years ago - I've been sending messages back and forth with the new owner who lives in FL - I mentioned you were also on this site and your username.

Michael Z
    Hey Mike,
    So the guy that has it now ( Bob ) lives in Florida..............?
    That's sort of funny - that is where I bought the car from back in the day............and now it's back in FLA
    I replied back to his PM here but haven't heard back from him since the original PM he sent me.
    Tell him to check if you get the chance - so he can have my e-maill address just in case
    C-Yaaaaaaaaa'
    Mike

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

update, see #111
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 03-23-2020 at 05:33 AM. Reason: update

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

These people will stop at nothing!!
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 03-23-2020 at 07:21 PM. Reason: another freakin' scam!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345